Newsystemous Rex...Paradisauras..you know him.

by Huxley 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Huxley
    Huxley

If you were a kid in the 70's you remember him, (or her?) I think there was some discussion about this little guy on the site a while ago.

He (for the sake of argument) was located in the front or the back of the green NWT.. ...Or was it the peach colored Paradise lost/regained book? I can't remember actually.

If you were like me, bored out of your 5 year old skull during the meetings, this friendly looking dinosaur was fun to look at, and you could draw little things around him. I think I drew a dino-sized skateboard under his feet so he could zip throught the middle east on four wheels.

I am doing an art project and I need to see a picture of theocrosaurus once again. Could one of you scan a picture of this biblical Barney onto the site?

Huxley

• Odrade
    Odrade

OMG! I loved, Loved. LOVED that little Bibliosaurus. Sorry I don't have a scan, but thanks for the memory! Ha!

Odrade

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

He's the only thing I miss about the the KH. I loved that little guy.

• Huxley
    Huxley

I'm glad to hear that other kids were down with the dino.

Hmmm...I guess I could try a google image search. He's gotta be out there somewhere.

Huxley

• Scully
    Scully

That dinosaur is the ONLY reason I miss my old green NWT bible.

Love, Scully

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL I remembered that dino, when Simon wrote his story, about his life as a JW, and menntioned it. I used to draw other other dinosaurs around it, all fighting and mauling each other. When I ran out of scribbling room, I would wait for an assembly and go to Lost and Found and pick up another copy of that NWT, so I could start a new adventure.

Lost and Found person .. " Can you describe your bible young man?" Me .. "Well it was green and it has a picture of a dinosaur in the back cover"

Sorry Huxley, not much help to ya, but thanx for the memories.

• Nathan Natas
  • Scully
    Scully

Thanks Nathan!! <~~~ my hero!!

I had totally forgotten about the illustrations of all the different people and their "native" costume on the same map. The dinosaur is about as tall as the people, but we all know he would have whupped their butts!

BTW, that dinosaur would make a totally cool avatar!

Love, Scully

• FMZ
    FMZ
    The dinosaur is about as tall as the people, but we all know he would have whupped their butts!

Yeah, and that dingy in the Great Sea wouldn't have carried a single dino!

FMZ

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Scully said,

BTW, that dinosaur would make a totally cool avatar!

Here you go, scanned at 1200 dpi --

I would be tempted to use it myself, but I have to admit, my heart belongs to "Pappy."

So it is up for dibs...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit