I got my ID badge for work! :D

by Elsewhere 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

After working here as a contractor for four months, I finally got my ID badge! For the last four months I've been getting in using a badge with the name Thao Pham and a pic of a Vietnamese guy.

The badge is good until Sept. 30th. I'm hoping that I will get extended beyond that... or maybe even hired as a perm empoyee.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Congrats, are you gonna celebrate??

• blondie
    blondie

Shows you how good those badges are for security purpoes, unless you look like a Vietnamese guy, elsewhere.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Great going.....all the best!

• Simon
    Simon

Hope things continue on the up and up for you!

BTW: How's the .NET stuff coming along?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's going well... I'm just not being assigned very much .Net right now while they sort out the object model they want to use. Next week we will likely spend two or three days outlining the new structure of the namespaces, classes, enums and all of the other parts.

I've already impressed them though... I was given an assignment to move some classes around to eliminate an entire namespace. I'm sure you know that this would require some very tedious work making all sorts of small changes to many files (this is a very large and complex web site to do international tax returns). They expected it to take several hours, but I had the app compiling in about 30 minutes with all of the changes in place.

My supervisor also told me that there is the *possibility* that I will need to travel to New Jersey for a week or so to work on yet another app. If this pans out I will have to find out who all is out there and see if we can meet up!

• Sassy
    Sassy

sounding positive for you Elsewhere!!!!

• Jade
    Jade

Sounds good Elsewhere!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Congratulations on graduating from being a Vietnamese guy to a bearded American. Now, if you work REALLY hard maybe they'll make you an Englishman!

Nina

• bebu
    bebu

You mean... you really weren't Thao Pham??

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit