the aftermath

by the mole 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the mole
    the mole

my uncle called for my dad and wanted to know why he stopped attending meetings, he then asked me what hall im attending. first i told him my dad could only answer why he does what he does and then i told him i had difficulty with alot of teachings that are curious. after talking for awhile i asked him why if the magazines are a tool for bible understanding then why is it that so many take it as bible truth? he went on about the brothers holy spirit. i then asked him again if these are imperfect men how do they translate gods perfect word? after sidestepping the question and once again I asked if the org makes any mistakes? he said yes then i asked if they do how do they correct it and apologize for it? he told me he had to get off the fon and to have my dad call him....well, what do all of you think of my questions?..the mole

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I think you did an excelent job. The questions you asked were short and to the point, and the fact that the they couldnt answer simple questions says alot about what they believe in and that you have made the right choice in questioning it. Well done.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Very nice progression of logic. I hope his poor brain is twisting.

• Why is it that so many take the magazines as bible truth?
    • If these are imperfect men how do they translate God's perfect word?
    • Does the organization make any mistakes?
    • If they do how do they correct it and apologize for it?

That last point is a killer. I have to remember that.

• bebu
    bebu

I agree with jgnat. Those were all great questions, and that last question was a killer!

I hope that your uncle's gears begin to turn.

bebu

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I doubt his gears are turning.

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I didnt get to finish my post. What he did was what obedient JWs do. His head started to hurt and he got scared. Those questions cast doubt and he got afraid.

My point is... if it casts doubt but is the truth, then whats more important living in the bubble or truth?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

The secret police are already at your doorstep..

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I asked if the org makes any mistakes? he said yes

This is already a giant leap forward.When ever I raised the question of if the org had ever been WRONG I always got the stock answer from both my Father and Father in law.The answer was "new light"It took almost a half hour before I ever got my Dad to confess.Yes indeed the WT got it wrong a LOT. Of course being only imperfect men blah...blah ...blah What a joke. They are still playing this card and the gullible are still falling for the same old story.

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Yes they admit the org does make mistakes but will never give an example.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    then i asked if they do how do they correct it and apologize for it?

Brilliant question, I wonder how my father would answer it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit