Wedding Rings....

by goddess_baal 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goddess_baal
    goddess_baal

Am I dreaming this up, or aren't they a pagan symbol? If so, why would JW's continue to use them as part of a marriage ceremony in Jehovah's eyes?

*head hurts*

*goddess_baal*

• Badger
    Badger

I think the official line is that, like wind chimes, they're not seen as pagan by most people, and thus not stumbling points...much like the other 57,000 other things that Witnesses ban, however...

• Ciara
    Ciara

That's the same story I always heard, Badger.

But most people don't see Easter, Christmas, etc. as pagan, either. Basically they apply that rule only when it's convenient.

Ciara

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

Only the most hurtful rules apply. If they allow these "pagan" holidays, then it will be easier to socialize with non-JW's...Oh the horror of it all!!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Wind chimes are OK now??? Or have the R&F just ignored the warnings. When I was young they were a no no.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Wind chimes are apparently not ok if you live in areas where they are seen as warding off demons.........ie China, Japan or other asian areas.

• ann
    ann

I have never been a JW but a loved one is. I feel really sorry for all of you that were raised in this way. I really think that when a religion takes control it is a shame. Why did/do people allow this organization to take over? What is the benefit of it all? I am just looking for answers because my loved one really gets on my nerves with al of the crap..Like not voting or getting out of jury duty etc. Really galls me also that people can enjoy the freedom we have in this country but don't honor those that have died for a cause. The names of the days of the week are pagan in origin as well but I dont see anyway changing them to avoid saying them.

• kibizzle
    kibizzle

In the "Revelation It's Grand Climax at Hand" book, on page 236 in the footnotes you will find wedding rings listed as pagan in origin along with the use of calendars and some other things. When I questioned an elder about this his response was that it is better for them to wear a ring to signify that they are not available than to risk being hit upon! Whatever! ha ahha!Kib

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Ann said:

I have never been a JW but a loved one is. I feel really sorry for all of you that were raised in this way.

It's okay Ann ...

[eye twitching - facial tic - smell of urine]

... we're okay

• Larry
    Larry

Everything is Pagan - from names - to floor patterns - to thought process. We owe everything to paganism, no pagans no modern world and no BORG.

Thank God for Pagan influence.

Peace - Larry :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit