Anyone vote now that....

by kibizzle 11 Replies latest social current

• kibizzle
    kibizzle

your out of the org? Just curious, I probably won't I'm not much into politics anyway, but I was just thinking, now I CAN if I wanted too.... kib

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

This was going to be my first year, but I am not sure I want to, considering some of the facts. I might save it for something I believe in.

• blondie
    blondie

I want to but there is no one I want to vote for....

• garybuss
    garybuss

I vote all the time. I usually vote "against" someone rather that "for" someone.

I look at incumbents and I ask if my life has gotten better during their last term. If I say no, I vote for whoever is running against them. :-)
    It's much easier to identify who I do not like than decide who I do like. I ignore all promises until the end of the terms.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Our family cast three votes in the last election. It's citizenship 101, part of taking back the responsibility we abandoned when we became dubs. Mandated opposition to civic responsibility is a sign you are being abused by your religion or in a cult.

• blondie
    blondie
    I usually vote "against" someone rather that "for" someone.

Is that like voting for the lesser of 2 evils?

Well, I want to vote for people locally....

Blondie

• Emma
    Emma

I do. I've voted in nearly every election since the light went on. I also write letters to representatives when there are issues I'm concerned about. I seems so lazy, now, to react the way the "society" wanted us too; just leave everything in jehovah's hands...

• exjdub
    exjdub

Kibizzle,

I finally registered to vote last year and this will be my first year to vote after being out of the Org for several years. It did feel strange to register but I am looking forward to voting. I think the thing that finally motivated me was reading one of Michael Moore's books. He mentioned that if you want to change things, especially on a local level, voting is the only way to do it. At least on a local level your voice can be heard. I thought it made sense. I couldn't complain about the way my city was growing and changing if I did not have a say.

exjdub

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I registered this year, only because it was the first time I actually felt like I need to use my vote. I figure if I dont vote then I cant bitch about the things I like to bitch about

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Absolutely. I skipped the first election after I left the org, but have voted in every one since 1988.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit