Anyone Knowing French?

by Kent 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

If anyone could help me translate this, it would be great. It's rather important, I might add. Thanks in advance.

It would be great - if anyone do translate it - if the translation could be sendt to my email, [email protected]

------------------------------------------------

>> Messieurs.

>>

>> Pourriez vous me fournir de l'information sur un de vos membres

>> M. Cyril Malka, qui prétend avoir été identifié par vous en sa

>> qualité de psycho-analyste.

>> J'ai recherché l'information au Danemark, où il travaille

>> maintenant, mais n'a pas pu trouver n'importe quelle évidence

>> valide de son éducation.

>> Son webpage est:

>>

http://www.malka.dk/cyril/cyril-kd.html

>> et ont le passage suivant: 'Je suis psycho-analyste et ont une

>> confirmation de 'Société Psychanalytique De Paris' sur ce titre'.

>>

>> Il me fournirait l'information valable si vous pouvez confirmer sa

>> réclamation

>> Il a également un website français, mais sans l'expression citée:

>>

>>

http://www.malka.fr/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

• caspian
    caspian

I tried However Funkydereks is a better translation

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

This is a bit rough but should give you the idea:

Could you provide me with information on one of your members Mr. Cyril Malka, who claims to be identified by you as a psychoanalyst.

I have searched for information in Denmark where he works now, but have not been able to find valid evidence of his education.

His webpage is http://www.malka.dk/cyril/cyril-kd.html and has the following passage: I am a psychoanalyst and have a certificate from 'Société Psychoanalytical De Paris' to prove this.

It would provide me with very valuable information if you could confirm this claim.

He also has a French website but without the quoted expression:

http://www.malka.fr/index.html

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hi Kent,

First of all: this is very poor French, apparently from an English speaker. It seems to mean:

"Dear Sirs,

Could you provide me with some information about one of your members, Mr. Cyril Malka, who claims you have identified him as a psychoanalyst.

I have sought such information in Denmark, where he presently works, but I (?) couldn't find any valid evidence of his educational background.

His webpage is... and mentions: "I am a psychoanalyst and this title is confirmed by the Psychoanalyst Society of Paris."

He (?) could provide me with valuable (?) information if you could confirm his claim(?).

He also has a French website, but the previously quoted mention does not appear there."

If this may help: the only Cyril Malka I've heard about is a French attorney, who especially works for the (left-wing) satyrical magazine Charlie-Hebdo, which has recently published a number of articles about cults (including JWs).

Edited to add: I've seen Funkyderek's translation too late but I guess we generally agree!

• Kent
    Kent

Thanks a lot!

• Kent
    Kent

Thanks again. This Cyril Malka is a strange bird. He used to be Mr. Nice Guy, cooperated with Ex-JWs, and was believed to be an honest guy. Then he started up being the big expert, with capital B and E, and started up a huge fight with a lot of us.

He has been claiming a lot of nonsense about his education and background all over the plase, but facts are this guy is a bluff. Unfortunately, he has a lot of people believing what he's saying - and his statements about the Watchtower and the JWs isn't always correct - to say it plainly.

Also, he doesn't give a damn - it seems - about such things, but he's extremely eager to do money on his "knowledge". He may even steal material from my website, and claim HE has copyright to the material - even selling it!

So, this guy is hardly a lawyer. Then he would know he's on extremely thin ice!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Guy in the Mustache said:

So, this guy is hardly a lawyer

Lying, stealing, bluffing, false claims - sounds like a lawyer to me!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Kent, how are you by the way, long time no hear from you.

PM Bisous, speaks fluent french as far as I know.

Mark

• Celtic
    Celtic

Try a pm to 'frenchbabyface' too, this poster is from France, best bet for you. Hope this helps, best regards to you.

Mark

• Englishman
    Englishman

Bonjour, Celtique, mon petite cauliflowere!

'Ow are vous? Sont vous attendez les BBQ dans le WSM in Juliet, mon amis?

Sacre bleu! Une Francais accent es outrageous! Weep, Maurice Chevalier, weep.

Bon Soir, grand garcon.

Angleterre Homme, Franglais Expert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit