First loves.

by Obviously Secret 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

How are you guys' views on first loves? Are they always supposed to end up heart breaking just to teach you a natural lesson that always seems to happen. Or can you reall find the right person the first time?

I hear most people saying that first loves will always go astray, however, I was just wondering. Any ideas?

• happehanna
    happehanna

hi Secret,

I was married to my first love for over 20years. So not all go astray.

however there can always be a nagging doubt about settling down so soon with your first love

wishing you well

• Maverick
    Maverick

I have had many first loves and most are still strong.

I love my father very much, (first man I ever loved).

I love my daughter more than myself, (first and only living child).

I still love my first dog, (dead long years past but I still have dreams about her).

I loved my first car, (late 60's Barracuda and wish I still had it).

Now as for the ladies...I love them all...I just don't want to be around all them though!

Maverick

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I was married to my first love for over 20years

On Friday, I'll be married 21 years to my first love.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Depends on what you mean by "first love". The first one you had sex with, or the first one you were deeply infatuated with? It took me 3 years to get over the ladder. It was definately a lesson learned in life.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

somehow it is always the first love ... (the one you need at the time)

• Joker10
    Joker10

I think people have a problem knowing if its real love or not.

Some people don't want a seriouis relationship and it can make that person not to let go of their emotions, which adds to the problem. Talking of experience.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    On Friday, I'll be married 21 years to my first love.

Why are all the good men taken!?!?!?!?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Heartbroken fellow said:

Are they always supposed to end up heart breaking just to teach you a natural lesson that always seems to happen

(Checking rulebook) NO

As I consider some of the horror shows I was engaged to and avoided before marrying a wonderful woman.......

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

They say that children are your TRUE love.

For me, I had dated people and been engaged before I found what I thought was my First Love. He was the "worldly" guy I started dating as I was leaving. It was such an intense relationship. We would go up to the mountains and talk till late into the early morning hours. I felt like I had finally found that ONE person who understood every thought I had, and vise versa. I lost my virginity to him. And for a time I was completely over-whelmed by the feelings I had with him.

In retrospect though, as I got older and moved on, I realized that I was just in an intense infatuation. It was hard to get over him I'll admit. The next couple of people I dated I Did compare them to him and no one seemed to compare. We attempted to reconcile about a year later, but I realized it wasnt him that I loved, but the that feeling. So looking back on things, settling down with him would have been a HUGE mistake. I'm glad things worked out the way they did between us, and I dont hold any grudges, I have a nostalgic soft place in my heart for him, and probably always will. Not that I would ever want to attempt another relationship with him, but just because it was a big part of a tumultuous time in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit