Watchtower says "Don?t Eat Blood"

by Sam Beli 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TD
    TD
    "Fornication" in the Bible meant ANY sexual act between non-married people.

I believe "fornication" in the Bible also extended to incest.

Although most cultures have a core definition of incest, their definitions differ at the periphery. For example, the Greeks and Romans at the time saw nothing wrong with marrying a half-sister. Under the Law however, this was a forbidden incestuous relationship.

• heathen
    heathen

I agree that the WTBTS puts burdens on people only based on their opinion when it comes to blood . In the jewish system of things the blood was considered the soul of the animals and was used in sacrificial ways to atone for sins . I can even uderstand that today the eating of animal blood is not healthy , there is alot of cholesterol in meat that is not bled or cooked properly . Today the scientific community uses blood to save lives . I don't think it right that a church should excommunicate members or bring judicial procedures against someone who technically is not obligated to reveal their medical treatment anyway .I remember in the time I was studying they were very pushy about the doctrine especially when I showed some disinterest in participating by carrying a blood card , why should I , I wasn't even a dub yet ? I am aware that there are dangers to blood transfusion such as the aids virus or hepititus but still think it a matter of choice . I do like the way the WTBTS pursued alternative treatments but not everyone is in the situation where those procedures can be used .

• IT Support
    IT Support

I understand that even the strictest Jews, such as the Hasidim, accept blood transfusions.

For me, that says it all.

Regards,

Ken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit