Were the pre-flood people that wicked?

by indoubt 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

NOAH DID NOT PREACH! NOAH DID NOT HAVE FAITH! THIS IS A MYTH ON A MYTH!

(Genesis 6:17-18) 17
    "And as for me, here I am bringing the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens. Everything that is in the earth will expire. 18 And I do establish my covenant with you; and you must go into the ark, you and your sons and your wife and your sons? wives with you.

No Freaking neighbors! There was no preaching nor attempt to save anyonw except noah. Thats like says lot preached to sodom. "God" just killed those people if the story is true. The reason is there was no organized religion concept he only took care of the people he knew personally. It was cronyism.

People talk about what the world would be with out religion. Um if you are not a paranoid schizophrenic with a temporal lobe disorder you are cannon fodder. At least according to the bible.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know what part of the Bible is actually true anymore. But here is something I thought of:

If the flood account is even remotely true, which I doubt it's anything like the present day Bible account, then perhaps God did the flood to get rid of the Nephilim.

I personally do not believe in a God who could not find a way to salvage that many people. I think the present day biblical flood account is just a tool to instill fear into people. The fear inables religious leaders to manipulate and control millions and millions, billions? of people and their assets.

Most of us earthlings are pretty good folks. We make some mistakes. Some of them knowing, selfish mistakes. But the point is that most folks learn lessons from those mistakes and go on to be better people. Religionists try to impose their ideas of how we should live on us. They want control of us. It's easier to scare us than to use physical force to accomplish that control.

If an idea or story is stupid and grossly unfair, it's probably from man and not from God.

Flyin'

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, it sure gives a handy excuse to peach that this "Present wicked generation" are going to get their come- uppance, after all "God has done it before"

WT 1986 Sept 15th p 6

The Flood survivors found that the pre-Flood generation had been swept from the earth. The people and all that they had lived for were gone. It will be the same when divine vengeance brings an end to the present violent generation

Typical stuff, and a standard dub answer if one questions whether God would kill us all at Armageddon

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

True but since 1995 they can't preach that angle anymore so you are back to square one. There is no proof that God will kill "us all".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Oh yeah, and God killed all the dino's too in the flood!

Dubs are stupid, my father-in-law swears by this stuff! He claims there were no carnivorous dino's either!

Why would god create Dino's that kill in the perfect paradise? JW's will say like "puppets" to prepare the earth

to be liveable.... blah blah blah

What Horse_hit!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The is because he is a fundy xtian the wts already commented.

w69 9/1 pp. 543-544 Questions from Readers ***

It is true that hundreds or even thousands of problem cases might be brought up, ones that apparently indicate that animals always killed one another, that this is necessary for the "balance of nature." But should our lack of complete knowledge of God?s creation cause us to lose faith in him and his Word? Should we let questions about preying animals prey on us?

*** g90 2/8 p. 11 What Happened to the Dinosaurs? ***

When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when. We can be sure that dinosaurs were created by Jehovah for a purpose, even if we do not fully understand that purpose at this time .

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Thanks...... I should look it up. I speak sometimes from experience & other "spiritual ones'" understanding

• hooberus
  • IronGland
    IronGland
    Were the pre-flood people that wicked?

Interesting question. Some others to ponder are: Do leprechauns really steal Gold and if so whats the best way to conceal my gold when visiting Ireland? Why did those aliens come to earth to build pyramids? By what mechanism does Zeus cast his thunderbolts? Why make Sisyphus push that rock up and down forever? Perhaps we should mount a scientific expedition to find Sisyphus and rescue him from his toil.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I think the whole world was one continent before the flood. As you can see from maps of the world all the parts connected like a puzzle and God had to seperate the one continent to place all the water evenly that fell from the water canopy surrounding the earth. Thus, if the world was one continenet I think eight people could have preached to all of the residents of the then world.

But then question arises?

1. Did God create a canopy to flood the earth cause he knew people would turn bad and he would have to drown all of them?

2. When God created Adam and Eve with free will didn't he realize in all of his wisdom that they would want to eat the forbidden apples?

3. Why did God create snakes? Didn't he realize Satan would use the snake to trick people?

4. Who created God and what was he doing for infinity before he decided to place us in this miserable meaningless existence?

5. He destroyed the earth rather quickly from creating it, why has he waited so long after that (the flood) to destroy it again?

6. Could have God just created robots or would they have turned out being a bunch of "Benders"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit