Did You Know Any Bad JWs?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    Over the years, I knew some individuals that were pretty bad Witnesses. They broke more commandments that most.
  • gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    Yes many.  50+ years ago my congregation had our very own pedophile.  He was a Bethelite so older JWs thought he walked on water.  we had a couple who were full time pioneers, not nice to young ones at all. I could go on but I would be writing a novel.
  • happy@last
    happy@last
    Yes, suffered 5 years at the hands of a pedophile who is once again a JW. 
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I was "bad" sometimes. But so were some of my friends. 

But looking back, we were just young trying to spread our wings and fly.

As an adult, though, I cuss occasionally, drink a ton (rarely get "drunk" though), betray my neutrality by getting mad at that retard in the white house, Obama, and lie on my FS report.

But, from what I've seen in a lifetime of being in this organization, that doesn't really make me a bad JW. It really makes me a typical JW.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Oh God where do I start. Ok ok here's one that sticks out in my mind. Elder and his family, we're the perfect example of spirituality. Anyway I always wondered why all his kids turned out so bad. I'm talking go to jail bad here. Well turns out that the guy was an abusive pig, who had been smacking the misses around for years.  When it eventually all come out I was I such disbelief.  Ironically the thing the most remember about him was when his family was involved in an assembly drama on family unity/happiness. 
  • Simon
    Simon

Lots and lots ... and they were welcome at the KH no matter what they did. Stealing cars, doing drugs, all forgiven.

Simply ask any question about it being 'the truth' though and you are toast - you may as well be satan then.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Too many to list, from an adulterating Presiding Overseer, to his son who was my designated association being the same age as myself.  My father who was a child beating, unloving creep, crooked businessmen, the list goes on and on.

There was also some good well meaning people there as well to be realized. 

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

I worked for a man who was an elder. I was trying to get out on my own, had an apartment all picked out, and the work stopped coming. But only for me. 

I finally had enough and I confronted him and he said he was giving all the work to everyone else because they had families and I don't. So I guess as far as he was concerned I can go F off in a gutter since I was unmarried and had not children. 

i have quite a few stories. the organization is a robot, a corporation with no love whatsoever. The higher you go the less love you have and the better you get at acting. 

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i was a regular pioneer in my late teens.  that meant hours in a snooker hall.  or ten pin bowling....or playing pinball machines in an amusement arcade.  typical pioneer i imagine.
  • minimus
    minimus
    I knew crooked business owners that were elders, druggie teens, drug dealers,  and others... In my Hall, growing up, most families were in the back room with the elders because someone in the family was doing something naughty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit