DC Releases

by stillajwexelder 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Weekend is over. Someone should be in the know.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Why are you interested in the new release? Just wondering. Have you heard something?

Heard rumors - Ezekiel book Saturday Afternoon -- Keeping in Step with Jehovahs Heavenly Chariot like Organization -- need it confirming that is all

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The Society is always making a secret out of this. I think it is a good idea to spread the information about new releases including reviews across the web before most JW have even had their conventions.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Society is always making a secret out of this. I think it is a good idea to spread the information about new releases including reviews across the web before most JW have even had their conventions.

German JW - EXACTLY - There is always this big deal about the brothers and sisters not knowing the releases before the convention - to me it a case of "We know -you do not therefore we are better than you/conntrolling you" That is why I want the releases published far and wide so the information flows freely. The more that information flows freely the less control any organization has That is why The WorldWide Web is such a wonderful invention -- it frees up information flow and reduces control from high control organizations like the WTBTS

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I have been told in the German branch that the JW making the new releases have made a vow of silence not to talk about what is going to be released.

An Elder in my former congregation was the District Convention Overseer. He got the new releases in an envelope. He would say that he was in the know but would not give any details. (Sucker!)

I have always been very nosy so I appreciated the Internet where I could learn about the new releases in advance.

Now, I like to destroy the Society's system of information control. :-)

• blondie
    blondie
    Ezekiel book Saturday Afternoon

"Keep on the Watch"?The Hour of Judgment Has Arrived

That sounds reasonable. "The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah--How?" came out in 1971, 33 years ago. The publishers have rested through 2 easy books, the Worship Book and the Draw Close Book. It is time to remind them of the impending doom and their need to advertise it.

And how often has the WTS shoved this scripture down the throats of the rank and file?

EZEKIEL 9:1-7

9 And he proceeded to call out in my ears with a loud voice, saying: "HAVE those giving their attention to the city come near, each one with his weapon in his hand for bringing ruin!" 2 And, look! there were six men coming from the direction of the upper gate that faces to the north, each one with his weapon for smashing in his hand; and there was one man in among them clothed with linen, with a secretary?s inkhorn at his hips, and they proceeded to come in and stand beside the copper altar. 3 And as regards the glory of the God of Israel, it was taken up from over the cherubs over which it happened to be to the threshold of the house, and he began calling out to the man that was clothed with the linen, at whose hips there was the secretary?s inkhorn. 4 And Jehovah went on to say to him: "Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it." 5 And to these [others] he said in my ears: "Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. 6 Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women YOU should kill off?to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near, and from my sanctuary YOU should start." So they started with the old men that were before the house. 7 And he said further to them: "Defile the house and fill the courtyards with the slain ones. Go forth!" And they went forth and struck in the city.

Who are the ones marked according to the WTS? What is the mark?

w00 1/1 p. 12 "The Little One" Has Become "a Thousand" ***

The September 1, 1931, issue of The Watch Tower pointed to another group. In a fine explanation of Ezekiel 9:1-11, it showed that the man with the writer?s inkhorn mentioned in those verses represents the anointed remnant. Who are marked on the forehead by that "man"? "Other sheep," ones who have the hope of living eternally on a paradise earth. (John 10:16; Psalm 37:29)

w99 11/15 p. 29 What Can Be Done About Discouragement?

Having clearly in mind the goals set by Jesus will help us not to become discouraged in the face of indifference in the ministry. Christ wanted his disciples to search out deserving ones, not to perform mass conversions. On several occasions he pointed out that the vast majority would not accept the good news, just as most Israelites did not listen to the prophets of old.?Ezekiel 9:4; Matthew 10:11-15; Mark 4:14-20.

w96 1/15 p. 17 Jehovah?s Sheep Need Tender Care

As an unbaptized publisher progresses spiritually, he may make a dedication to God in prayer and want to be baptized. (Compare Mark 1:9-11.) He should make his desire for baptism known to the congregation?s presiding overseer, who will arrange for elders to review with the publisher the questions on pages 175 to 218 of Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry. The four parts into which the questions are divided may be covered in three sessions by three different elders if possible. If they agree that the unbaptized publisher has a reasonable understanding of Bible teachings and qualifies in other ways, they will tell him that he may be baptized. As a result of his dedication and baptism, he becomes ?marked? for salvation.?Ezekiel 9:4-6.

w89 1/15 p. 20 How Baptism Can Save Us

In ancient times, slaves were often marked on the forehead. By the preaching work today, the antitypical ?man clothed in linen??the remnant of Jesus? anointed followers?is ?marking? those who will survive the end of this system. In this work the anointed are assisted by their associates, the "other sheep." (Ezekiel 9:1-7; John 10:16) And what is the "mark"? It is the evidence that we are dedicated to Jehovah and are Jesus? baptized disciples who have a Christlike personality.

and the WTS/FDS has anointed themselves the "watchman" and the "Ezekiel class."

EZEKIEL 3:17-19

17 "Son of man, a watchman is what I have made you to the house of Israel, and you must hear from my mouth speech and you must warn them from me. 18 When I say to someone wicked, ?You will positively die,? and you do not actually warn him and speak in order to warn the wicked one from his wicked way to preserve him alive, he being wicked, in his error he will die, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand. 19 But as for you, in case you have warned someone wicked and he does not actually turn back from his wickedness and from his wicked way, he himself for his error will die; but as for you, you will have delivered your own soul.

w03 12/1 p. 29 Questions From Readers

In what sense did Ezekiel become "speechless," or "mute," during the time of Jerusalem?s siege and destruction?

The modern-day watchman class, anointed Christians, have been warning about the doom of Christendom, antitypical Jerusalem. When the "great tribulation" strikes and devastates "Babylon the Great," the world empire of false religion, the anointed Ezekiel class will need to say nothing more about the demise of Christendom, which constitutes a major part of that empire.?Matthew 24:21; Revelation 17:1, 2, 5.

Yes, the day will come when the anointed remnant and their companions will become mute, not having anything further to convey to Christendom. That will be when "the ten horns" and "the wild beast" make Babylon the Great devastated and naked. (Revelation 17:16) Of course, this does not mean that Christians will be speechless in a literal sense. Even as they do now, they will praise Jehovah and make mention of him every day and "throughout all generations to come."?Psalm 45:17; 145:2.

and what did they say in 1971 about children being killed?

Know Jehovah chap. 9 pp. 166-167 Marking Foreheads of Those to Be Spared ***

Age or sex was no reason for an offender against Jehovah to be spared, neither singleness nor marriage. Unmarked parents would not have their minor children marked in the forehead. Hence they would be the ones responsible for the killing of their little children, the Ten Commandments plainly stating that "punishment for the error of fathers" would be brought upon the "sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation." The failure of parents to bring up their children in the pure worship of Jehovah would make such delinquent parents responsible for the outworking of God?s righteous law against their minor children.?Exodus 20:5.

Know Jehovah chap. 9 p. 175 Marking Foreheads of Those to Be Spared

In actuality, the symbolic mark is the evidence, as if it were displayed on a person?s uncovered forehead, that he is a dedicated, baptized disciple of Jesus Christ and has a Christlike personality that differentiates him from all hypocritical Christians. It is not a mere outwardly "having a form of godly devotion," but is an inwardly and outwardly proving true to "its power," a having of true faith accompanied by works in proof thereof.

This visible or discernible "mark" makes it plain to Jehovah?s executional forces that the marked ones are not in sympathy with all the detestable religious things that are being said and done in the midst of Christendom, things that are untrue to the name of Christ that she bears. In fact, they have been "sighing and groaning" over all such God-dishonoring things, and in protest thereat they have come out of Christendom and have renounced all membership in her. They come to appreciate that she is an integral part of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, for which reason they must obey the divine command, "Get out of her my people."

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Thank you Blondie.

The more things change the more they stay the same!! Below is my post last January.

Date:
    05 Jan 2004
    Time:
    01:45:33
    Remote User:
    Comments

1. You can find KEEP PACE WITH JEHOVAH'S CELESTIAL CHARIOT right now at Info.com. Click here to show top and relevant search results for keep pace with Jehovah's celestial chariot from 14 Search engines with just 1 click. URL: http://msxml.us.info.com/_1_2VDVTWC03VE6EZ3__infoc

Circa 1991 primary Watchtower study. I remember the Watchtower lesson well.The $ociety's interpretation/take on the highly symbolic prophecy of Ezekiel chapter one.The visiting guest elder from the Hingham Massachusetts USA Kingdom Hall,commented on how,"Jehovah's 'wheels' looked like something outta star trex".How ireverential,to compare sacred writings to science fiction.

The lesson to be had was that,"Jehovah's visible organization makes' changes' at 'light speed.So we need to faithly,"...keep pace with Jehovah's celestial chariot".Be warned, there is no,'trailer hitch',on Jehovah,s buggy,(his comment).

Hebrews 13:8-9 clearly states in any Bible:"..Jesus Christ is the same yesterday,today and forever,DO NOT BE CARRIED AWAY WITH VARIOUS AND STRANGE TEACHINGS..".

How truly blasphemous for the Watchtower to impute Almighty God's 'navigation', to their shifting 'progressive' flip flops,and that the WT is in the driver's seat.

Critical 'apostate' pages like your's truly,are effecting changes in the WT$'s policies and practices.I have no objective to change them.You can not reform a a deadly cult that is, ROTTEN TO THE CORE!( Eccl 1;15 )

Throw the bums out!

alt http://www.lawfulmoney.com/nlm/_discjw/00000003.htm

• blondie
    blondie

Friday afternoon, talk entitled, "Good News for People of All Nations"

Updated release of the booklet "Good News for People of All Nations"! (96 languages in English edition)(old edition published in 1983)

Map inside the cover front and back

(When I was a regular pioneer, this booklet was supposed to be in your book bag at all times. Most COs I had would ask you if you had one at the meeting for FS.)

Saturday afternoon,

Brochure "Keep On The Watch! For What? Why Is It Especially Urgent Now?"

To be used in the ministry/study but only 9 out of 32 pages have paragraphs/questions.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thankyou Blondie - so the rumors were wrong -- no Ezekiel book - I still think it is a dead certainty in the next few years

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The more things change in the Borg, the more they stay the same!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit