To current JWs/those who still go to meetings,etc - how is your faith? 5 Qs

by my-journey 18 Replies latest jw friends

• my-journey
    my-journey

Hi,

I know its stupid of me to post a new topic when I haven't finished reading my first thread, but I wanted to know stuff about any current JWs that may be here. You don't need to reply if you want to tell me off or say something O/T. You can use my first thread for that, since that thread is more general. Here are 5 questions...well 5 series of questions. Sorry.

By how much of a %age has your faith weakened? How much of a blow was it? What was it due to?

Have you tried to bring your doubts to anyone? With what result?

What things do you now doubt? What things do you still believe in? (Trinity, New world, blood's sacredness etc)

What keeps you going to meetings? If you preach, how do you, not feeling 100% in your belief? Is it hard?

What are your plans within the org? Will you do something definitive like: ask a bunch of questions at the risk of reproof, DF etc?

Thanks

• blondie
    blondie

First read the first thread, myjourney, and show some respect for those responders. Otherwise, IMO, it would be pearls before swine (PBS) to answer your new questions.

My questions:

Faith in what?

Doubts about what?

What do you believe in/what doubts do you have?

Why do you go to the meetings, do you enjoy them? 100% belief in what, the Bible or WTS doctrine?

Shouldn't our plans revolve around the kingdom not the organization?

Why would a sincere Christian be reproved for asking sincere questions?

Blondie

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Oh Boy.

Here we go again!

EyeDrEvil

P.S.I agree with you, Blondie. Not reading the first thread and running on to a new universe posed here is irresponsible as well as disrespectful to all those who responded to your first post.

• kls
    kls

Why not ask your GB some of the things you have learned on the internet, ask if they are true, see what answers you get or don't get. Question your own ,before asking us.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

By how much of a %age has your faith weakened? - difficult to say -- circa 60%

How much of a blow was it? not a blow at all I am happy

What was it due to? Unscriptural and anti-scriptural teachings and procedures -- look at the re-instatemnet procedure for anybody after being DF/d - now read tha account of the Prodigal Son -- you tell me which is scriptural please

Have you tried to bring your doubts to anyone?

Oh sure - -I would last 5 minutes before being disfellowshipped for apsotasy -- those bastards are ruthless an unchrist like -- organizational obedience is far more important than scriptural correctness With what result?

What things do you now doubt? Very little really - I mean obviously only a total fool would still believe in 1914 - even the GB do not believe that. So I am not unique ther -- many other teachings I still believe in.

What things do you still believe in? (Trinity, New world, blood's sacredness etc) Still believe the Trinity is Horseshit and God Dishonoring, still believe that Hellfire is such a stupid doctrine that you really have to have no brain cells or not read History to believe that one - blood is still sacred but hell - every time I eat my rarre prime rib I am eating blood so I have no problem with brothers and sisters who have blood transfusions

What keeps you going to meetings? Family

If you preach, how do you, not feeling 100% in your belief? No problem I just place magazines - even a zombie can do that

Is it hard? No very easy - as I said a zombie could place magazines

What are your plans within the org? To stay within it and hopefully work for changes from within

Will you do something definitive like: ask a bunch of questions at the risk of reproof, DF etc?

Not yet - but if the CORRECT opportunity arises I will

• 4JWY
    4JWY

5 Q's = 12 Q's with my count Too many for me

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

By how much of a %age has your faith weakened? How much of a blow was it? What was it due to? The new light on the 1914 generation was a little too bright for me, so I started studying the history of the WTBTS. It was all down hill from that moment on.

Have you tried to bring your doubts to anyone? With what result? Nope! I'm letting everybody else find their own way out.

What things do you now doubt? What things do you still believe in? (Trinity, New world, blood's sacredness etc) I doubt the whole interpretation of the book of Revelations given by the WTBTS. For that matter, I doubt many other biblical interpretations given by the WTBTS.

The only thing I believe now is that there are higher powers completely misunderstood by mankind, and that the Bible is merely a book open to many different interpretations.

What keeps you going to meetings? If you preach, how do you, not feeling 100% in your belief? Is it hard? I go now to keep peace and lines of communication somewhat open with my JW relatives. Soon it won't matter to me and I'll leave the Org for good. I'm very close to that point.

What are your plans within the org? Will you do something definitive like: ask a bunch of questions at the risk of reproof, DF etc? One of these days I'll attend my last meeting and never set foot inside another KH or assembly hall ever again!

DY

• exjdub
    exjdub
    First read the first thread, myjourney, and show some respect for those responders. Otherwise, IMO, it would be pearls before swine (PBS) to answer your new questions.

Ditto Blondie, thanks for saying it.

exjdub (who wasted time posting a reply on my-journey's first post)

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Why would a sincere Christian be reproved for asking sincere questions?

Blondie

BINGO !!!

• my-journey
    my-journey

OK thanks to everyone that replied - I read all the posts.

OK, I guess some people on this site feel they have been mistreated by the org, and come here a little heated with their backs up, and I guess I brought this recent attack on myself; I didn't realise I would get into so much trouble with you guys for the two threads at once.

Hopefully in the future, you can show me the compassion you feel you didn't get out of the org.

Sorry for offending everyone. Boy, did I put my foot in it. Please don't feel the need to be angry or hostile with me. I'm new here, and am only just learning about the site and people's personalities on here. I didn't think people would react quite this way.

Am I forgiven?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit