for those who like WWII aircraft

by Pleasuredome 16 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I love those old planes !! My favorite is the Corsair

Pleasure- you are probably too young to have seen this show and I don't know if anyone carries it in reruns but I used to watch Black Sheep Squadron every week- I loved that show !!

If you EVER get the chance- come to the states-to Wisconsin to the Experimental Aircraft Association convention. It's held about 40 miles from my house for a week every summer- end of July into August. During that week, Whitman Field in Oshkosh, Wisconsin is the busiest airport in the world. We have folks flying in from all over the world and there are air shows and lots of the old planes to look at etc.

Here are some links if you are interested in looking:

http://www.airventure.org/

http://www.eaa.org/

Cool thread !!

XW

• Room 215
    Room 215

xjw b 12..... wow! I can't tell you how long I've looked for a reliable source of decals; is your pal an ex-dubbie too?

• Gerard
    Gerard

THIS is flying:

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

gerard

do you do that? i'd love to try that someday!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Mustang:

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Now here is a subject that I really love. Old aircraft. Especially military. If I can learn to scan pictures into my computer and post them, I am sure you will enjoy them. There are pictures of a lot of early aircraft that has appeared here at the local airport. B-29 Fifi, B-24, B-17, B-25 and many more . I make sure to take a lot of photos when they are here. In fact.......at the end of July, the B-29 Fifi and a B-24 and some others will be here in Pittsburgh for display at the Allegheny County Airport. Sponsored by the local chapter of the Confederate Airforce. The name has been changed to The Commemorative Airforce in order not to offend anyone. (Screw political correctness)

In 1997 I passed and received my private pilot license and the greatest thrill I ever had was getting to know Christine St. Onge personally. She is the owner of a Beech Staggerwing and she let me fly it in a group flight over Pittsburgh. In that group was the B-29 Fifi in the lead, a B-24, B-17, a C123, The Staggerwing and other vintage aircraft.

You can see the Staggerwing and read Christines story by typing Christine St. Onge in Keyword

HappyDad

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Room 215.

No he's not an exdub. Just a workmate, who my wife and I developed a friendship with he and his wife, AFTER we left the borg. And yes he has an awesome collection. He has a lot of connections with pilots, both military and civillian, and works with art and printing companies to faithfully reproduce thier decals. He has customers from all over the world, and sets up trade shows in the US 1-2 times a year.

Just 6 months ago he produced a line for the new Hornet CF-18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit