by Farkel 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Nothing is further from the truth!

Priceless

• Farkel
    Farkel

logansrun,

: Really? The finest? Like a Porshe 911? A stay at Trump towers? Sorry, Farkel -- I don't think so. The Watcthower elite don't stay at Motel 6's but not exactly the "finest" either...

: Yours in pedanticism,

Yep. You are a pedant allright! Their are several (four at last count) GB members who are in their mid 90's. I'm sure a Porche 911, or even a Porche 959 would not be their car of choice. But you know what? If they WANTED one, they would have it.

Trump Towers is not the "finest" hotel in Manhatten. Milton Henschel stayed in a five STAR Hotel in Malta, and we know the pattern established by JFR that the GB ARE treated like royalty whereever they go.

My argument is that basically, they are treated like kings and travel like kings. Whether they always stay in the BEST hotels in every place they visit, does not negate that argument. They are not the least bit frugal when it comes to their own comfort, Mr. Pedant!

Farkel

• Mulan
    Mulan

What about all the literature that goes in the trash. We threw out all of my mother's old magazines and tapes last week. She had accumulated a huge stack, but told me to throw them out. She isn't keeping the old ones anymore.

We also sent two big boxes out with a charity pickup. Saved us a trip to the dump.

• gumby
    gumby

3 entries found for Pedant.

ped·ant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p
    n.
    1. One who pays undue attention to book learning and formal rules.
    2. One who exhibits one's learning or scholarship ostentatiously.
    3. Obsolete. A schoolmaster.

Damn I hate it when I have to look up words!

Gumby

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

As far as the mags that get trashed. I was magazine servant in two congregations and P.O. in another and I personally burned thousands (no exaggeration) of mags that published never picked up or secretly returned to the KH and discretely left there.

• onacruse
    onacruse

One of the, if not the, most vocal group that accused the WTS of being nothing more than a book-selling operation was (surprise, surprise!) those who left the WTS in the late 20s; sick and tired of "service directors" running around and harassing them to distribute Rutherford's "rainbow." These disaffectioned complainers were subsequently classified as the evil slave (damn them anyway):

W7/15/30 215

The ?evil servant? class represent the great enemy, and under his influence insist that the Society is a book-selling arrangement operated for the benefit of man. This charge not only is false, but is a blasphemy against God because it brings reproach upon him and his work.

This "evil slave," who watched firsthand as Rutherford changed the WTS into a publishing company, and had the guts to tell the truth of it, continued to be a pain in his side till the day he died.

The "insiders" saw, and knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit