8,565 Anointed Left - Who will be part of the GB when they are gone?

by indoubt 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• indoubt
    indoubt

Granted, there are some "young" anointed, who are supposedly replacing older anointed who "have fallen out of the truth".
    But very soon, this "switch game" won't be working anymore... the number will keep decreasing and the amount of "replacements" will diminish as well, until there are none left.

I am sure that others have made similar remarks, but if we say that a 10 years old was anointed in 1935 (deadline for being anointed), that would mean that this person is now 79 years old today.

Let's do some maths and be conservative: let's say 80% (6852 anointed) are the original ones (anointed on 1935 or before) and that they were all anointed on 1935 at 10 years old.
    Now the other 20% (1713) are "replacements" anointed (took the place of an original because he/she has fallen). Those persons must have some kind of spiritual maturity, so let's assume this group has an average of 30 years old.

Combined Average Age = 69 years old

So what will happen then? Will we have a "New Light" from the last anointed GB member, which will mention that from now on non-anointed can govern as well??

Or is there already a "New Light" that I have missed?

What do you think?

indoubt

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I could swear I read that the GB is no longer made up of the anointed anyway. I'm really curious if that's true.

• talesin
    talesin

If there isn't already a 'new light', rest assured, they will make one up. And that's not sarcasm, I have lived long enough to know it is true.

t

• gumby
    gumby
    could swear I read that the GB is no longer made up of the anointed anyway. I'm really curious if that's true.

The GB will ALWAYS be made up of ONLY the annointed.

The society has stated many times that the "great crowd" will act as "princess" on the earth, taking over responsibilities the GB had. They however believe that directions to these "princess", will now come from heaven.....where the GB will all be

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

Indoubt, what you heard or should have heard is that the GB no longer on the boards of the many secular corporations that run the WTS. They are no longer involved in any secular/business decisions.

The GB (unless big new light breaks forth) will almost be made up of dedicated, baptized males who profess to be of the anointed (and have been for some time even if "new" anointed).

http://www.freeminds.org/gbfiles.htm

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby

Just wanted to say I like your new pic blondie......ruff ruff

Gumby

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Blondie

Indoubt, what you heard or should have heard is that the GB no longer on the boards of the many secular corporations that run the WTS. They are no longer involved in any secular/business decisions.

It was me, not indoubt, that thought I'd read it. And thank you for clearing it up.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I don't get this: let's go over this again.

The WTS sat the anointed were selected by Jehovah (or was that Jesus?), right??

Then we see that 20% were "unfaithful", right??

That sure looks like a high failure rate to me.

Are they really sure it was Jehovah (or Jesus) who did the selecting???

Couldn't it just be wishful thinking on the part of the individual (so-called) "anointed"?

Ozzie

• indoubt
    indoubt

Ozzie,

Then we see that 20% were "unfaithful", right?? That sure looks like a high failure rate to me.

I don't know if 20% is accurate, but I thought it would be a "safe" percentage... maybe the percentage is less; in this case, the age average would even be greater!

indoubt

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Indoubt,

Yeah, I get that, but either way it sure looks like God doesn't know how to pick his freinds!

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit