What makes you get through the boring meeting!

by DaCheech 20 Replies latest jw friends

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I used to do a mixture of most of the things already said....

Look at nice sisters, fantasize, pass notes, look at my mates and try to crack them up!!!! I also used to look forward to the fellowship afterwards too!

Occasionally, I'd listen!!

For the really boring public speakers, I used to play Theocratic Bingo... if they said 'theocratic buzzwords' 5 times or more I'd get a line. I always wished i had the balls to shout 'House!'

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I have a restless toddler. I would have to change his diapers,

I think a good way to make the meeting more entertaining would be if you didn't jump up to change the diaper very fast.

You do get my DRIFT with this don't you???

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Writing notes & parking lot duty took up a lot of time. Napping did wonders for the soul too.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I used to keep the AID book in my Briefcase when I was a kid, and especially during the Service meetings, I would look up different things that I found interesting, and read that. My parents never said anything, I guess they figured as long as I was learning about the "Truth", it was OK.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Can you see. With your mind's eye. Lies, deception and hatred. It may seem nice. Some never fight. But the truth will come here at last.

Sing out with joy of heart, that you one day too may really have a heart. Live for that day, when you'll say. I'm out of this org at last.."

LOL at ObviouslySecret. The scary thing is that I know the tune, even with the changed words, after being out of the Org for several years.

exjdub

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

how about by not going anymore? simple, huh?

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I wish it was that easy. I got plenty of toons though... Non coming to mind though. I like the life without end at last remix. Waca Waca.. Boom bich doom bic Waca Waca.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Drawing gap teeth, uni-brows and mustaches on the faces in the WT illustrations, then show them to my friend then we would bust up laughing.

Sometimes, I would just get up and hang in the back of the hall until an elder of MS would ask me to take my seat. I usually would decline saying that my back hurts and therefore need to stand.

Corvin

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

My last year attending meeting,,I would fall asleep about 5 minutes into the meeting,,I actually felt very good about it at the time because I was starting to see it as all bull shit,,and it was one of my ways to show contempt.

I think you younger ones that have to go,,are doing alright in my book,,I know it's not easy,,hopefully you can get you parents out in time,,maybe you'll have a brainstorm idea that is totally clever and really works,,I've got my fingers crossed.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Like Corvin: draw mustaches, eyebrows, blacked out eyes, etc. on the Watchtower illustrations; encourage my little brothers (2&4) to bite into the newly upholstered naugahyde seats and take out foam chunks; play tic-tac-toe in my little brother's ear with a pen while he slept with his head in my lap; pinch my sister under the diaper so she'd scream and I could take her out to the back room; imagine scenarios being played out in the mural of paradise behind the speaker; look at the individual globules of texture on the wall and try to figure out what it looked like; count the ceiling tiles (there were about 160 of them); stay in the bathroom for inordinate amounts of time and let the other sisters cut in front of me so I could be the official restroom "greeter" til my Mom came and got me out of there;

but most of all --

watched the second hand on the clock.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit