Secret handshakes and greetings...

by FMZ 12 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Well, this is more about the various things that people do with their "homies". i.e. that weird thing where it starts out like a handshake, but then the hand comes around and grasps the thumb, then opens flat, so your palms are against each other, then they slide off. (Hard to describe...lol) Someone did this to me once, and I had no idea what was going on, he had to teach me it.

You see, I was just coming in to work, as the guy before me was leaving... he told me to enjoy my trip to Dallas etc... then raised his arm, and bunched up his fist, and then apparently stared at my shoulder... it looked like he wanted to give me a buddy-shoulder-jab, but wasnt close enough, so I stepped towards him. (Usually, I know the protocol, but he was looking at my shoulder, which threw me completely). Then he smiled and gave me a weird look, said bye again, then walked off. After 0.0001 seconds of thinking about it, I realized I left him hanging. I left a homie hanging.

Does anyone here do these secret handshakes or anything? I almost think it is a little childish... but at the same time, it's all adults that do it...

Opinions?

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ya shoulda at least bumped fists, dude!
    LOL

It's an adult tactile thang, especially for guys who feel it isn't socially acceptable to hug.
    Some would say it's a holdover from communal "grooming"

• FMZ
    FMZ
    LOL

I know... I know... it wasn't that I didn't want to.... he was focused on my shoulder, and by the time I had realized that he wanted to bump fists and not give me a buddy-jab, it was too late.. the hand was lowered.

FMZ

• Brummie
    Brummie

Not to worry, next time you see him just kiss him on both cheeks

Brummie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Guy with the boy said:

My son and I invented that when he was little. Back then everyone was doing high fives and we started the fist bumping.

No, really we did.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    Not to worry, next time you see him just kiss him on both cheeks

nah, save that for this weekend

• shotgun
    shotgun

I can't tell you?

Gumby will show a secret or two!

• FMZ
    FMZ

The only thing Gumby is allowed to shake in Dallas is his Pokey, and even then he is limited to 3 shakes in the bathroom.

FMZ

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Secret handshake?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Brumby, that would be French! In Arab and Persian culture its three kisses!! EEEWWW!

carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit