how much Nepotism in the congregations?

by badboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

wHAT COVERUPS ARE THOSE,dOUBTFULLY YOURS?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Jehovah's Witnesses and Nepotism. [ spiritual inbreeding ] In my nearly a half century of exposure to Jehovah's Witnesses.I have observed that the membership of any given congregation to be composed of about + - 50% blood kin. Isn't this a form of spiritual incest ? [ family favoritism by God ] Note Jesus words at John 6:44+65 "No one can come to me unless the Father first enables him".OR as another translation reads," no one can come to me unless it has been granted to him by the Father and the Father first draws him to me." The above passage would seem to preclude any nepotism. Moreover,it would seem that all Christians must be individually consecrated and hand picked by God himself. Example; my Haszard clan is 4 generations of JW's,because my grandfather converted in 1952.I don't think we are all destined to be saved because of his conversion. This is an issue that had always stumbled me since I was a small child.Why did my clan deserve to live and my worldly schoolmates have to die?

• badboy
    badboy

iNTERESTING YOU SHOULD MENTION INBREEDING ETC,BECAUSE that what might be happening in some congregation.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm talking about fornications, adulteries, abortions, rapes, child abuse; you name it. They are a BIG family and all elders, ms, pioneers. They kept it all hush-hush, and the victims were forced to just leave the area or keep it quiet for fear of punishment in the congregation.

It was bloody awful!!! As I hear from some former victims of this klan, the wrong doings and following coverups continue to this very day.

DY

• badboy
    badboy

Sounds as if they is a lot of criminal activity in this congregation you mentioned.

TELL ME MORE!,

TELL ME MORE!

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

There wasn't an awful lot of Nepotism in the congregation I was brought up in, but there was certainly favouritism. Certain ones in the congregation got all the 'priveleges' - I wasn't exactly 'passed over' for any of these, but had to push chuffin' hard to get anywhere!!

Occasionally, if Elders children got into 'mischeif' they would try diversion tactics though to shift the focus.....

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

There is a young sister in our congregation who has had sexual relations with several young brothers. I feel bad for them, they are all teenagers and hormones a raging. However, this young sister would always come out smelling like a rose and the poor young brothers were treated as if they were 'dogs in heat'. One young man in particular was disfellowshipped, because he continued to 'hound' her. Poor fellow, was in love with a tramp. She continued to raise her hand at meetings with her hypocritical crap about conduct and dress and what not. Her next victim, the elders son.

Well, my husband caught wind that she was fornicating again with the son of an elder. Most interesting was at least 10 other younger brothers and sisters knew about it and said nothing. Well, my husband was newly baptized and felt that maybe he should approach the elders and kinda just washed his hands of the whole ordeal. At this point it really became none of our concern anymore. But the out come was that neither one of the fornicators got disfellowshipped and the father was deleted as an elder.

Next, the elder's wife uninvited me to her daughter's wedding and all those who were in the 'circle of knowledge' of this account stopped talking to us, and gave us dirty looks, would not return a hello. (A elder's wife/pioneer sister has a lot of pull on a congregation) Never were we invited to cookouts and the lot. Boom! just like that we were on the outside. My service started to dwindle last October and by December I had only put in one hour. I have not been to a meeting since January and not one sister has come to visit me and not one person has brought us our magazines, we have not received one shepherding call.

Now back in February, one sister did call me and invite me to a gathering. She said, "its good associations" I almost barfed. (this was the first time a sister called me in almost a year) I fantisized about going to this gathering, standing on a chair and telling everyone there all the hurtful things that are going on. Hey a person can dream. I just declined to go. I think I declined mostly because I was telling this sister some of my current problematic circumstances and her reply was "well, everyone has problems and they still go to their meetings". Then at that point I realized that whatever rumors are going around about me are embedded deep.

The way I see it, they are gald we are gone. We are 'tattle tales' . Before this incident I thought I was a spiritually strong person. Now in the end, this little ho fornicator sits in the hall, and is considered 'good association' but because I dont go out in service anymore, I am considered 'bad association'.

Go figure.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Crooked Lumpy Vessel,

Do we attend the same cong, or is this that goes on in almost every cong? There's a Tramp just like you first described in my current Hall! Of course, she comments all the time, goes out in service and gives parts in the school. Her sexual cravings and behavior is of public knowledge, so why she's not disfellowshipped yet is beyond me.

DY

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

In my 'final exit' Kingdom hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachusetts there was a 'sister who,acted like a teenager.[Tammy Faye Baker look-a-like only a whole lot uglier]

.....She would literally bend over an wiggle her fat ass IN the Kingdum hell sanctuary.This was felony sexual harassment.I just ignored the slut because i figured that everybody else knew her pedigree.Anyhow the day came,when meek me,was hustled into the back room and accused of,coming on to the sleaze bag.I BLEW MY STACK!

She would get away with it because her father in law was the Natick Mass assembly hall overseer.

Note: In my Church of Christendom's Babylon the Great that I am now a member the church officials would have thrown her out.

• Odrade
    Odrade

CLV, there's one of those in my old cong too, except she is a habitual drunk. She gets blasted at parties then wants to "wrestle" with the other sisters. One night at a rather large JW gathering I refused to play her "game," and she loudly accused me of being a lesbian, and that I didn't want to play because it might expose my real orientation. Now in ordinary (non-JW) settings I probably would have laughed and turned it around on her, but this was a servant's wife, a JW gathering, and I was conducting myself appropriately.

After the party I followed org procedure and talked to an elder about the repeated drunkeness/"wrestling." He said he'd look into it. Next thing I knew, we were being excluded from all social events and ostracized by a portion of the hall at the meetings. So much for "keeping the congregation clean." I guess they mean clean from the people who try to follow the rules rather than play the game.

Oh well, it still pisses me off, but at least it was finally a step toward getting out.

O

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit