Anyone Involved In The Resturant Business????

by ApagaLaLuz 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

My friend and I have been contemplating opening up a Sushi/ Karokee Bar. We have been doing our research and have alot of great ideas. However, neither one of us has any experience in the Resturant Business. I have a friend who is a manager for a resturant and a couple of server friends willing to et involved, but I wanted to know if any of you have experience or suggestions?

• Sassy
    Sassy

if you do.. let me know.. we'll come frequent it...

• Aalena
    Aalena

I WORK AT CHEVYS!!! =p

Funny story(... sorry it's not really related to this thread but I'll conclude my post within relation to the orignial subject=D):

I found this site by typing in, Chevy's Riverside(where I work) to get it's address, lol. =) It picked up CHEVYSNTATS name=)

Anyway... I've been in restaurants for longer than I'd like to admit. I've held every position but owner... feel free to PM me with any question or ask here for my opinions. I've helped open about 6 different restaurants working for Brinker International and a few other private ones.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

LOL Aelana That's brilliant!!!! How funny, you know Sassy and Simplesally are from the Corona area. I was trying to set up a lunch at Chevy's in Ontario not too long ago. Man what a small world it really is :)

• Aalena
    Aalena

If ya ll want to drive up to sacramento I'll take care of ya well, hehe.=p

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

LOL I thought you meant the Chevys IN Riverside

• JeffT
    JeffT

About seven years ago just before I got here, my employer, a real estate company, started its own restaurant in a vacant space in one of our buildings. Last year we sold it after loosing almost seven hundred thousand dollars during the time we had it.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but getting any new business off the ground takes an enormous input of energy and money. If you do it make sure you have somebody on board that really knows the business end of running a restaurant. Run background checks on all your employees, and plan on spending every waking moment in the place.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My family's been in the restaurant business for around 40 years. If you need any information, just feel free to PM me.

CG

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

About 30 minute from where I live, there is the best sushi place called, Shushi Boat. They make fresh sushi right at the spot and place it on a tiny boats that float around the sushi bar. If you go there in dinner time, you will see the variety of sushis; They are Art!!! Some of them are just too beautiful to eat.

In order to be a successful sushi place, of course, you have to have a great sushi master who has a lot of imaginations, and knows not only how to make it tasty but also to make it beautiful to look at.

Chevy, I don't know where you live in CA, but if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, check out Sushi Boat in Union City.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Don't know about the market you have or the available clientel. You need to put together a business plan that identifies all the options, the break even point, the financials, the competition, etc.etc. Have a third party look at it carefully. If you live close to a university, even Junior college, their business dept. would likely do a free analysis of your BP. I know if I were going to do a resturant, it would be a Mongolian Grill. Of the half dozen I've seen, they are all hugely successful.

good luck and do you due diligence..

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit