belief

by bavman 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

As usual, I have to just point out that spirituality is not necessarily about beliefs at all, regardless what it is that you happen to believe in. Consider this quote:

Fundamentally it is not a thing--you don't need to know or understand it, you don't need to affirm or deny it. Just cut off dualism; cut off the supposition "it exists" and the supposition "it does not exist." Cut off the supposition "it is nonexistent" and the supposition "it is not nonexistent." When traces do not appear on either side, then neither lack nor sufficiency, neither profane nor holy, not light or dark. This is not having knowledge, yet not lacking knowledge, not bondage, not liberation. It is not any name or category at all.
    As it is said, "Reality has no comparison, because there is nothing to which it may be likened; the body or reality is not constructed and does not fall within the scope of any classification."

Simply put, belief is just a mind game. Reality is much more than your beliefs about it.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    The Truth is that life is a meaningless nightmare of suffering.

Thanks 40! Let's all go and slit our wrists now

muah

• poppers
    poppers

Drop all beliefs and uncover truth - that which is.

• Valis
    Valis
    I try to believe only what can be substantiated.

Corvalis...eheh there's a new one! *LOL* Eh Corvin...I'll have to go w/you on this one. My life gets convoluted enough without trying to throw in more intangibles.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit