Setbacks (LONG)

by kat2u 6 Replies latest jw friends

• kat2u
    kat2u

Im having a tough time right now.Seems my business is taking a hit.4 of my clients are for various reasons( moving, selling home,financial problems)are not using my services anymore (I usually have a waiting list)

I didnt realize just how important it is to me to be self sufficent.And because of these setbacks Im having to turn to my other half to make up the difference. I HATE THIS!!!!

I have an add in the paper,have put up business cards everywhere I can think of.

And even done some (door to door) canvasing of neighborhoods handing out my business cards.

This is very disconcerting to me.I believe because of having an ex who had total controll of all money and how it was spent.I was not allowed any money or even the controll to buy our groceries without him being present to monitor.

Grrrrrrr,,,

I am taking some of this time off to work on another business idea ive been playing around with.

I do feel though that it has given me some insight into how people can feel down and useless when they arnt working,

Ohhh and any other ideas anyone can think of to advertise my availibility to possible clients would be appreciated.

Thankyou for letting me vent,

Kat

• simplesally
    simplesally

Whenever you write a check, leave them with a business card. Whoever you do business with should be willing to at least accept your business card. Leave them with the cleaners, the doughnut shop owner, the grocery store. Leave your card in the tray when you pay for dinner. Be "card" conscious!

• Sassy
    Sassy

well I don't know much about boosting business...

but I do know I understand about hating to rely on help to make the bills...

if you need to vent any time.. IM me Kat

• kat2u
    kat2u

sally GREAT ideas thankyou i will definatly include them in my daily routine.

Sassy thankyou for the offer I might just take you up on that.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Kat,

I'll try to catch you on MSN Messenger later....... we'll talk

Puter

• codeblue
    codeblue

Kat:

I am sorry about your setbacks!!!

Handing out your business card to everyone is a great idea.

Do your grocery stores have a bulletin board to post your card? Or laundromats?

Also, your present customers may be able to help you out. Tell them that if they can give you 3 contacts you will give them a percentage off if you get them as new customers...(referral program and benefits your existing clients while helping you to expand with new clients)

Here's hoping business will pick up soon for you.

Hugs,

CodeBlue

• Sirona
    Sirona

Kat,

Do you mind me asking what it is that you do? Promoting a business is largely dependent upon what exactly you are selling - you mention "services" - is it something that gives them a definable product in their hands, or is it a service after which they have no "concrete item"?

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit