JW stabs husband; he refuses blood

by Kenneson 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Australian JW couple were married only 10 days prior in Bali, but on Saturday something went awry. A dispute arose between the two and she stabbed him in the back and arm. In critical condition and in need of blood, he refused. She is due to appear in court for charges. See "Religion led stab victim to refuse blood.."

http://www.thewest.com.au/20040524/news/general/tw-news-general-home-sto125422.html

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Ah bugger thats a situation isnt it

xLaurax

• Scully
    Scully
    Religion led stab victim to refuse blood
    LUKE ELIOT
    A Jehovah's Witness almost died because he refused to accept a blood transfusion after being stabbed during a domestic dispute in Hamersley.

The 29-year-old man was stabbed in the back and arm about 2pm on Saturday in his Edbury Place home.

He staggered to a nearby park and collapsed before St John Ambulance officers arrived.

The man was taken to Joondalup Health Campus and later to Royal Perth Hospital in a critical condition. The man's wife, 32, also a Jehovah's Witness, was taken to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.

The couple married 10 days ago in Bali.

An RPH spokesman confirmed the man was in the intensive care unit but the patient did not want to divulge his condition.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept blood transfusions because of literal interpretations of several sections of the Bible.

The Church teaches blood taken from the body must be disposed of but allows people to make their own decisions about treatment such as dialysis.

Detectives yesterday conducted a forensic examination of the couple's home.

They later charged the man's wife with one count of grievous bodily harm.

The woman, whose name was not released, is due to appear in the Perth Magistrate's Court today.
  • confusedjw
    confusedjw

I think she should go out in service more.

• Nina
    Nina

Obviously this woman is not praying enough.

I wonder if she has been attending all the meetings!

Does she read her Bible daily?

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hmm, I wonder what 'spirit' she was under the influence of...... definitely not Holy!!!!

• shera
    shera

Pehaps he wants to do the baddy in bed! She may not be giving her "dues".

Gag me!

• stichione
    stichione

Maybe she caught him visiting JWD!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What a shame to see a sister bring such reproach on Jehover's name. If she had simply covered this up things would have had a much more favorable outcome.

She needs to study more, attend more meetings, go out in Field Service more, pray more, and be more submissive to her husband who is her head.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

elsewhere. you are so funny .first post I read this morning you put me in a good mood right away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit