Daughter Moving On From JW BF . . .

by Corvin 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

My daughter has been accepting of my intervening in her relationship with an unbaptized JW. Although still sad at times, she is determined to finish high school (this is her senior year) and go on to college. (Carl, her x-boyfriend, is a hs drop out and aspires to get a job at Guitar Center and eventually get certified for smog inspecting automobiles. He once told her during their relationship that he did not see why she wanted to go to college . . . that was red flag #1 by the way . . . )

She has tried to hit the ground running after the forced break-up and has drawn closer to her friends at school. In her determination to move on, she decided the night before to attend the prom with her friends. She was going to take Carl to the hs prom before the break up. I was delighted and my wife, Mary, and I made a mad scramble to help her get ready. Dear Puppie jumped in came through with a beautiful prom dress just hours before the prom. The group of kids she attended prom with rented a limo and they had a good time . . . something most of us who were raised as JW's did not get to do while attending hs.

Today she is helping her uncle out at his pool supplies store where they are having a big parking lot sale . . . she is selling hot dogs and sodas.

Here are a couple of picks from her prom.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

What a gorgeous young lady - all this and brains too!

And a great prom dress, btw.

GentlyFeral

• avishai
    avishai

Man, you have a cool head. I hope I know you when my 2 year old daughter is that is that age. I would have probably punched the punk in the nose and screwed everything up. Major props, buddy. You handled it well. And yes, she is beautiful and looks well adjusted.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Lovely girl, Corvin - so good to hear how actively you look after your daughter's interests.

Thanks very much for sharing your pictures!

• neverthere
    neverthere

Corvin, your daughter is beautiful, very breathtaking in her dress. I wish her well, she looks like one smart cookie, and lucky to have such a dad as you!

Diana

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

She's a beautiful girl, and very lucky to have you for a Dad. Best wishes to you both.

Kat

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

good for her!

• Sassy
    Sassy

She's beautiful Corvin. I'm glad she is moving on. It's natural to still be a little sad, but it will be a distant memory one day and a learning lesson for her.

• shera
    shera

Good for her is right,and very pretty girl!

• Special K
    Special K

Nice looking daughter you got there Corvin. Nice dress too.

She looks like she is enjoying all her girl friends.

Glad to here she still went to the prom with her friends. That is a really good sign that she will be fine .. still hurts though.

Great stuff corv.

sincerely
    Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit