Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 wins top award at the Cannes film fest

by Realist 44 Replies latest social current

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hey, Donkey

Peace, sweetie. Just playing w/you.

You did say: "The ability to leap to such silly conclusions without thinking is what is wrong with America."

I think you know that's worth jumping all over, but I'm not gonna do it.

After believing in the utopian "new system" for so long, and practicing a few decades of naive passivism prior to that, I'm afraid political parties will never capture my attention, much less my allegience. I have trouble understanding why people want to fight over their differences all the time rather than let free, critical thinking and dialogue promote tolerance. I also think ALL people should be nice ALL the time. How boring would THAT be?

Still missing the concept of never having to paint my house, ever ever again...... *sigh*

• Corvin
    Corvin

Talk about spinning! Everything in the media is spun. Even FOX's (fair and balanced) O'Really Factor does a wonderful job of spinning. Bill O'Really, in his "no spin zone", spins the content of his show simply by asking loaded and slanted questions. Bill uses the same intellectual intimidation tactics the WTBTS uses in their publications. It's all bullshit and we have no control over whatever version of the truth that comes to light each day.

Anyway, Moore's "spin" on the 9/11 thing and the Bush administration is just as fair and valid as the lies propigated by that adminstration and the spin put on matters by the conservative Bush butt-kissing bunch.

Michael Moore writes on his site:

When you hear the wackos on Fox News and elsewhere refer to this prize as coming from ?the French,? please know that of the nine members of the Festival jury, only ONE was French. Nearly half the jury (four) were Americans and the President of the jury was an American (Quentin Tarantino). But this fact won?t stop the O?Reillys or the Lenos or the Limbaughs from attacking the French and me because, well, that?s how their simple minds function.

I am looking forward to the film's release here in the states. I enjoyed seeing Moore stick it to that old bastard, Charlton Heston, in Bowling For Columbine, and I am going to enjoy watching Moore, even more, sticking it to the Bush administration. Vincent DiNofrio's character said it best in Salton Sea, "you got to go!".

Taking sides politically is, in my estimation, a complete waist of my time. They all lie. I have heard enough lies in my lifetime, and all I know is that whoever we get in the White House next will not be anywhere near as evil as George Dubya.

[Edited to say] I have not yet ever voted, and I usually do not complain about who is in office because they all suck, but I do miss Bill Clinton a bit. I am thinking of voting this time around simply to say that I do not want that dumb-arse monkey boy in the White House for another 4 years. Something is wrong when the president's wife has to constantly go on late night talk shows to explain her husband to America . . . it's like it's her sorry-ass job to come in behind the idiot and tell everyone what her husband meant . . .

Corvin

• little witch
    little witch

Corvin,

I do hope your above comments were a parody, because your contridictions are laughable.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Little Which . . . glad you have the monopoly on correct viewpoints.

• donkey
    donkey

Lauralisa - peace it is

All people like me can do is sit back and watch helplessly while everyone kills each other over divisive ideals.

At least some of us get to take their money while they whine.

• Corvin
    Corvin

What is funny? Who brings the funny? People like Little Witch bring the funny when they go from fundamentalist cult member to political expert.

Corvin

• little witch
    little witch

Corvin,

I am trying to remain calm whilst I respond to your accusations toward me......

I am not, nor have I ever been a jw, so your statement is a lie and will be obvious.

I am also not a "fundamentalist" as I have no religious or idealogical persuasion.

I am sorry that our collective discussion about FILMS ended up a labeling, name calling attempt on your part to silence my opinion.

You could not be more off the mark as far as your thoughts about me are concerned. For those who know me are laughing at your mistake.

• Corvin
    Corvin

First of all, LW, I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I made an assumption about you, and so, OK, get a rope. I apologize and I am very glad you were never a JW. Yay, good for you . . . which means that you aren't exactly one who has walked a mile in very many people's shoes who post on this forum.

I do hope your above comments were a parody, because your contridictions are laughable.

That comment was a pretentious as your "Courier-oh, pay attention to me" font. You bring the funny when you make statements like that and give no reference.

I am trying to remain calm whilst I respond to your accusations toward me......

I am not, nor have I ever been a jw, so your statement is a lie and will be obvious.

I am also not a "fundamentalist" as I have no religious or idealogical persuasion.

I am sorry that our collective discussion about FILMS ended up a labeling, name calling attempt on your part to silence my opinion.

You could not be more off the mark as far as your thoughts about me are concerned. For those who know me are laughing at your mistake.

You really should calm down, lol. There were no accusations or name calling. You might just be overreacting just a bit. Was your initial comment to my post not an attempt to silence my opinion? A little intellectual intimidation, maybe? Hmm . . . you bring the funny when you overreact.

• little witch
    little witch

Corvin,

To suggest that I should not be on jwd, or that I have no valid opinion after 16 years of jw upbringing is well....mistaken.

I have walked many miles in "those shoes", and I feel my views are valid.

Evidently I have angered you by my comment that what you had stated was laughable (that wasnt nice of me and I apologize)./

It is just that you contradicted yourself, and I expected further communication. I didnt expect you to take it so personal. I apologize for hurting you. I am by nature an opiniated person.

PS....I use this font so I can SEE what I am typing, not to gain attention in any way.

• Corvin
    Corvin

(((((Little Witch))))) you did not hurt me. There is nothing to forgive .

I am confused now . . .

"I am not, nor have I ever been a jw . . . "

VS.

To suggest that I should not be on jwd, or that I have no valid opinion after 16 years of jw upbringing is well....mistaken. I have walked many miles in "those shoes", and I feel my views are valid.

And . . .

"It is just that you contradicted yourself . . . "

I contradicted myself?

"I didnt expect you to take it so personal."

My saying, "Little Which . . . glad you have the monopoly on correct viewpoints" is not taking anything personal.

"I use this font so I can SEE what I am typing"

I am sarcastic by nature, and I still am not aware of what contradictions I made. I will go back and edit the post to show Courier font so that you can see what I am typing. Be kind and point those out to me so that I can adjust my thinking, please.

Best Regards,

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit