Ray Franz question

by Bubbamar 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

If Ray Franz was "annointed" and part of the GB, thus also part of the FDS, then according to the JW's doesn't jehovah use him to disseminate "truth" and "light" (i.e. books and Watchtower articles)? So how could he be an apostate for having a new/different understanding of scripture and WTBTS doctrine? Wouldn't anything he said have to be viewed as spiritual direction. Wasn't that his role?

Again, where's the logic? Wake up JW's Sound's evil to me. Just like killing Martin Luther King and other truth tellers who were ahead of their time.

• Joker10
    Joker10

The man is a nut.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Babbamar,

you can't reason with people who don't know how to reason. They believe with blind faith.

• gumby
    gumby
    So how could he be an apostate for having a new/different understanding of scripture and WTBTS doctrine? Wouldn't anything he said have to be viewed as spiritual direction.

No.he is viewed as "the evil slave". The evil slave beats his brothers and denies the lords arrival (he only debunked 1914) His viewpoints were not considered as coming from Jehovah...but rather his own selfish beliefs.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not forgetting that the "evil slave" or the "faithful and discreet slave" or any other of the WTS' confounded classes are all a figment of their own imagination.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I knew someone Much younger who when Ray left the WT. They started taking the emblems

Someone queried it??? & The elder said maybe Jehovah had put her in Ray's place ! After all he had been kicked off the Ark --- He was dead!!!!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    The evil slave beats his brothers and denies the lords arrival

Actually, the evil slave says, "my master is delaying." For the master to be delaying, the slave must have had a specific time at which he expected the master to arrive, which failed to come to pass. Sound familiar?

Also, the evil slave "beats his brothers." Anyone here feel like they've been beaten on by any particular religious organization?

• nowisee
    nowisee

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think ray franz claimed to be of the "anointed".

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Nowisee... he did indeed. He would not have been appointed to the Governing Body otherwise.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If Ray Franz was "annointed" and part of the GB, thus also part of the FDS, then according to the JW's doesn't jehovah use him to disseminate "truth" and "light" (i.e. books and Watchtower articles)? So how could he be an apostate for having a new/different understanding of scripture and WTBTS doctrine? Wouldn't anything he said have to be viewed as spiritual direction. Wasn't that his role?

: Again, where's the logic? Wake up JW's Sound's evil to me. Just like killing Martin Luther King and other truth tellers who were ahead of their time.

Jehovah "annoints" and appoints his GB, according to the WTS. The humans on the GB decide whether God made the right decision, or not. They do this by voting. God doesn't allow any voting when He does stuff. He just "does" stuff. But the GB allows voting. The GB therefore trumps God, when they decide to overrule what God did. This is all Bible-Based(tm), and so easy to understand, even a child could understand it.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit