The strange case of my JW mom

by logansrun 26 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

My mother has been a JW for the last forty years. She attends all the meetings and goes out in service every other Saturday. Yet, recently she admitted that:

She does not believe we are in the "final part" of the last days.

God will not destroy the majority of mankind at Armageddon.

Perhaps even the Pope will make it into the New System. (!)

Shunning of DFd family members is wrong.

You don't have to be a JW to be a good person.

Chronology is "not important."

Amazing, isn't it? How she deals with the cognitive dissonance is beyond me.

Bradley

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow.. can I introduce my mom to yours? I wish mine was so liberal

• logansrun
    logansrun

Yet, my mother still believes it's the Truth. She believes the Bible is unequvically God's word (yet NEVER have I seen her read it except to look up scriptures in a publication). She said she would "disown" me if I was gay (I told her I dig chicks and that's okay). She's was VERY, VERY, VERY dissappointed and irritated when my best friend pointed out the latest Rolling Stone article which unequivically proved that Prince is a JW. "He's repulsive..." she said.

A strange mixture of liberal and conservative. Odd.

Bradley

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    She does not believe we are in the "final part" of the last days.

Perhaps even the Pope will make it into the New System. (!)

If she means JP II, there might be some cognitive dissonance indeed...

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Logansrun, I've never met your Mother but from reading what you've written about her I have to admire the lady. She belives what she believes and lets other believe as they wish. I don't see anything wrong with that. Bug

• logansrun
    logansrun

Shutterbug,

I didn't say she was "bad" I said her thining is "strange." Yes, my mom's a big improvement on your typical JW. If she ran the organization everything would be hunky dorey.

B.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Very strange indeed Bradley that she should admit disbelief of so much...even the pope in the New system?

• Sassy
    Sassy

I respect that she is ok to have her own belief system though..

my mom obeys w/o question..

and as long as I don't go back to the hall.. she is sure I am going to die.. along with my brother and dfd sister

• outnfree
    outnfree

Bradley,

She attends all the meetings and goes out in service every other Saturday.

Clearly, clearly, she would not be so "strange" if she went out in service EVERY Saturday, Brother Logansrun!

out

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Pretty much my reasoning. Cool Mom!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit