A Music Poll

by Elmer J. Fudd 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

I?d like to take a poll of who you think the best Rock or Heavy Metal Band is or was. I have Metallica narrowly edging out Black Sabbath. I look forward to Corvin?s comments.

Also who was the greatest guitarist of all? I vote for Yngwie Malmsteen.

Elmer J. Fudd

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'll bite. For me, it's either Led Zeppelin in terms of musical merit and Rush in terms of lyrical merit. I don't know guitarists that well to say who is the best. I do have several favorites tho.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

But I looooove pre-short hair Metallica too. What could be better than Harvester of Sorrow ;)

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Hi Leolaia,

How 'bout "Nothing Else Matters" or "The Unforgiven"?

Elmer

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

15 years ago I would've said Metallica without hesitation, but I don't think their music has stood the test of time as well as Black Sabbath & Led Zep's has. The song Master of Puppets came on the radio a couple of months ago, and I hadn't heard it in years, so I was like "cool!" But I ended up turning the station, funny how something I was once so into seems really cheesy now. So my vote goes with Led Zeppelin.

Joe Satriani was/is the greatest guitarist ever.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

double

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Triple, damn! Sorry!

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Thanks for the input Dan.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Those are good songs with strong personal memories attached to them, Elmer. The black album was a good, solid album (it didn't suck like Load, Reload, etc. when they just sounded like a boring '90s rock group). But it was different. When I get a hankering for Metallica, I still put on Master of Puppets, Justice for All, Ride the Lightning, etc. Sanitarium Welcome Home -- what a truly satisfying song that was. :)) Same thing with Harvester of Sorrow which is pure delight. Fun tempo in Blackened. My favorite thing tho is to listen to the bridge in "One" backwards. Try it.....just to the point where the machine-gun guitar/drums come in. I always wished they would use that and make a whole song out of that riff because it is so awesome.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I cast my vote for:

Led Zephlend

Grand Funk Railraod

Ten Years After

The Cream

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit