Major US / UK Difference. Caution, Possible Flame.

by Englishman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Nah nah nah.

Your average yankeemobile is all body and no guts. Just look at those tiny little wheels. They're there because they can't carry much weight.

Engines are tiny too. The few specials that you see in pics aren't indicative of the average wagon that potters up and down the Interstate.

This is a Kenworth just outside of Tallahasee. Her Ladyship is at the wheel. Now this baby was l-o-n-g!

Now take a peek at the tiny engine and tiny wheels. Yup, all row and no go!

Now this is a lively baby. Curtain sided too for easier loading/unloading.

Englishman.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Actually american trucks also weigh 92,000 lbs. They may be wider than yours because our roads aren't so narrow. The max legal load is 36,000 lbs on each dual axle and 20,000 lbs is allowed on the front axle. I don't think your British trucks carry small apartments behind the driver as ours do.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

In northern Australia we'd call all those little things CARS, or TONKA TRUCKS... I have these 55m Road Trains go past my house all day long... the fuel trucks are four standard trailers long... Try passing one of these while it's doing 100km/h...

Max

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello there, I know little or nothing about lorries, trucks etc, however, I would like to say what amazing blokes the 'local ' drivers are. We live on the edge of one of the largest plantation forests in UK,and there are loads of lorries going in and fetching out trees, (minus branches). These chaps have to drive miles up single track lanes before entering the forest, some have two 'trailer' parts, and they have external grabs at the end of the open trailers, so they have to sit out there and load up trees, often in blizzards and driving conditions shocking to behold, near white-outs and stuff. Then drive back down tiny lanes and tracks all loaded up.Often no radio or mobile fone contact.Amazing.

Also I would like to say supermarket home delivery van drivers are my current heroes, without whom our family would soon starve, as DH is off to foreign parts with the car,for 5 weeks.

I must say US HGV's are much snazzier looking, sorry!

Shirley.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I don't know about trucks/lorries, and hopefully never will have to...

... I do know that British penises are far bigger than American ones...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    ... I do know that British penises are far bigger than American ones...

Hmmmmm, leaves me wondering how you would know have such knowledge. You'd have to examine a lot of goods.....

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Lookslike the canadians have us beat!

World's biggest truck, Sparwood, British Columbia World's biggest truck by Craig Adkins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit