Did You Ever Want To Punch Somebody?

by Elmer J. Fudd 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

I'm talkin' 'bout a John Wayne round house with all the weight behind it. WHAM! I know a few, how 'bout you?

Elmer

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Sure, and I've done it when I felt the situation called for it. Who hasn't?

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

I haven't ever laid anybody out..............but some days I would LOVE to.

The last time I wanted to was a few years ago. I was a 3rd shift waitress at a diner. I had to serve tables in the smoking section and was in the worst part of my morning sickness. I was serving a group of three drunken college students in the most polite manner I could. The smells of the food and tobacco smoke were churning my stomach in the worst way. Everytime I came to assist them or check on them smoke was blown into my face. After I delivered the bill a chick from the table told me how rude and unfriendly I was to her table. That I had an attitude problem...blah, blah, blah,etc. I just wanted to smack her pimp-style.

• blondie
    blondie

"Hey! How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?
    Sure! POW!"

• Corvin
    Corvin

I left the org with with a huge amount of pent up anger the source of which I did not understand. I was the young clean cut df'd guy who ran a national sales company. My sales training classes and sales presentations were very focussed and professional, but after hours, I was heading for the biker bars and heavy metal bars with my sales crew wearing my suit and tie. I was just asking for it.

I remember a night at Sneakers in San Antonio where we were ejected from the club along with another group of guys (Tex-Mex boys, not one of them under 6'-3"). They said something stupid to us and we brawled in the parking lot. I snapped and beat hell out of two of them. I've had the occasion or two to split another (very deserving) guy's face open with a John Wayne round house . . .

Now, there are a couple of elders I would love to take a crack at.

Corvin

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

SuperMommy,

The things we don't do, but still think of doing are endless. It's probably a good thing you didn't jaw jack that little dweeb.

Elmer

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to punch someone.

The target is usually the head - a bony and hard target...

The punch could result in a broken hand, or lacerations from teeth, which can become seriously infected very quickly - few people take the time to brush before combat, and the mouth plays host to a variety of bacteria..

A better choice would be a palm-heel strike - the hand is open, and contact is made with the base of the palm closest to the wrist. Of course you still want to avoid the possibility of impaling your hand on teeth. Targets might be the nose, the eye, the ear, the side of the jaw (a possible knock-out) or the temple.

If you must use a closed fist, taget the front sides of the neck or straight on into the throat. A solid punch to the throat can result in the death of the person struck - the larynx is crushed, and the person cannot breathe.

Don't expect one shot to do the trick - if it does, BONUS - once you have an advantage, press it with additional attacks to targets that present themselves. Continue until there is no further threat.

Then turn and walk away.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When I was younger,,say from 7-16 I would get into fights just for the hell of it,,got a few scars and gave a few scars,,my girl friends would alway get mad at me for being such a "take no shit from anybody,, type of person". I suppose after 16 years your musles keep getting stronger,,and so I seen some pretty nasty fights,,well I just got tired of it and started to think about being more kinder,,maybe because I started taking LSD and smoking pot at around 15,,while still able to defend myself and have selfconfidence I just didn't see the need to ever hit anybody,,it is totally against my nature now,,I can talk tuff and rough but I never would ever use force to harm some one,,my conscience would pretty near kill me I think if I did.

I think a person should stand up for themselves and I encourage it it is a good thing,,but I don't think hiting somebody ever solved anybodies problems once you get past a certain age,,like maybe 15 yrs old or something.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Nathan, thanks for the lesson.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I have never hit anyone either.

But I would love to get a hold of my sister! I would...................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit