When doing territory, did you prefer streets or blocks?

by truthseeker 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I know that Jehovah's Holy Spirit? will direct people of good will to the malls in search of The Truth?, so I shall sit on my ever-widening ass in a mall and allow myself to be the instument of the Lord.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    I actually preferred rural territory; I sometimes only had to go up to one door in 2 hours if we had a car full.

Blondie (who took no dog houses)

BINGO! Rural territory was the best! Thankfully, it was 90% of our territory!

CountryGuy

• Sassy
    Sassy

I preferred RURAL..................with few houses on it..

and lots of driving.....

and usually you get the talker in the car group to get a call and once they get their turn at the door since rural people are usually more willing to talk (no neighbors seeing them talk.. as well as a more laid back atmosphere) wel.. once they got to the door.. you could roll down the windows on the car (summer time) and just site and chit chat with the rest of the people in the car group.......... and count time..

the next best thing was cabin territory around lakes in rural areas........ in winter ..

no one was there.. you just drove and drove looking for that one in 20 year round resident..

• Mulan
    Mulan

I also preferred rural territory.

Blocks and streets were just endless.

• Purza
    Purza

Well. . . .living in the city I had no choice. We called them streets here. I used to like the streets that had no houses on them (there were three or four in the territory).

Did rural once when I visited Texas. I think we did 6 hours one day and I talked to 3 people -- those were the days. . . .

Purza

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Yeah! Rural was always the best. Throw a magazine in a laundromat, drive an hour to the territory, get some long winded buffoon tied up at a house for an hour, get lost for a while, then drive back for lunch.

• Ciara
    Ciara

I liked to visit other congregations which had several benifits:

1. I didn't run into anyone from my school

2. I wasn't expected to have a mag route there or a list of not-at-homes

3. I wasn't expected to drive because I didn't know the roads

4. I got to go to different places for lunch

5. I could report more time than I actually got because no one in my cong. knew how long I was out.

Ciara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit