My Aunt Is Told That If She Goes To My Daughter's Wedding She'll Be Deleted

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

as a regular pioneer and even if she gave a gift, she'd be removed as a pioneer! This woman is 80 years old and has been pioneering for over 40 years. My mother also is a pioneer in a different congregation and she is wondering whether this is a new rule from the Society or is something that the local congregation has decided. TALK ABOUT CONTROL!!!!!......I'm sure that my brother and his family will be told the same thing by the same elders.He just recently got the "Privilege" to pray and read at the bookstudy. As a former Presiding Overseer, I think he must feel humiliated by these power--hungry Pharisees.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Is your daughter df'd or da'd?

• little witch
    little witch

Oh Mini that is tragic. Half her life devoted to the org and still not enough. She must feel so conflicted.

Perhaps given her age, you could let her know that you understand her dilemma and send her a video after the wedding? That way she could "be there without being there"?

I am so sorry your daughter's happy day has to come with all this added stress and worry. ((((hugs))))

• shera
    shera

That is just sickening.....doing all that all her life and they treat her like that!

• oscar
    oscar

I don't understand is it a church wedding or is she da'dor dfd.I know of witnesses who went to church weddings and it was considered a matter of conciense I even called the society about this and they said that it was a conciense matter.

• Odrade
    Odrade

sickening, but not surprising. They did the same thing to my cousin's husband for their wedding reception. The hellders in her husband's previous hall (they had a private ceremony and a much later reception) told everyone from his side that if they attended the reception they would be deleted/disciplined/whatever. Only 4 people from his hall came, and I suspect it was because they had nothing to lose anyways. He had pretty much grown up in that hall his whole life. Bastards.

edited to add reason: she (the wife) was not yet baptized, so they said it would be attending a reception for someone who had unevenly yoked themselves to an unbeliever.

• minimus
    minimus

My daughter is not dfd. She simply is marrying an unbeliever.

• simplesally
    simplesally

As you know, that is not grounds to be deleted or disciplined. Especially, it is not up to them if she sends a gift or not!

• shera
    shera
    My daughter is not dfd. She simply is marrying an unbeliever.

Oh good grief!

• little witch
    little witch

What really chaps my butt is that some whipper-snapper has the audacity to treat a woman of this caliber, wisdom, and age with such disreguard and disrespect! I am soooo angry over this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit