They Know I'm Not A Dub, And Yet...

by Stephanus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Strange things have been happening lately. The local Dubs have either gotten over their fear of me, or have gotten their **** together and are finally visiting my neighbourhood again, after an absence of some time. I've had some interesting conversations, even though the Dubs very shortly start asking "Did you get that off the internet"?, to which I retort: "It doesn't make it automatically untrue, you know!"

Anyway, the thing that is most interesting is that over the years I've had on and off contact with this congregation and some of its members. So much so that, when discussing other Dubs I've met or crossed swords with, if I show enough knowledge of someone who comes up in conversation, I'll start getting the personal opinion that the Dub I'm talking to holds for the other Dub being talked about. IOW, I, a suspected opposer and friend-of-apostates, am being confided in for KH gossip sessions!

All I can say is, it's a funny old world!

• Mary
    Mary
    the Dubs very shortly start asking "Did you get that off the internet"?,

Look at them with a shocked look on your face and say "No. I prayed and prayed to Jehovah about when I was on the island of Patmos, and He presented it in signs to me."

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Or, alternately, every time they make a doctrinal statement, get a look of extreme disgust on your face and ask, "Did you get that from The Watchtower"? (appropriate sneering tone in voice will help, too)

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    "Did you get that off the internet"?, to which I retort: "It doesn't make it automatically untrue, you know!"

Doesnt matter where you got it. Its true..........

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

At least on the Internet you can get your information from many sources, and many perspectives. The Watchtower only gives their take on a subject.

Walter

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Or, alternately, every time they make a doctrinal statement, get a look of extreme disgust on your face and ask, "Did you get that from The Watchtower"? (appropriate sneering tone in voice will help, too)

Heh, heh! Good comeback...

I was actually able to make a point about the net to the one Dub whom I've been in regular contact with for many years: I told him about the death of Milton Henschel; he asked me if this came off the net. I said yes, and that it doesn't make it necessarily false. Next time I saw him, he said that the announcement had been made at the KH the previous Sunday.

• jw
    jw
    Strange things have been happening lately. The local Dubs have either gotten over their fear of me, or have gotten their **** together and are finally visiting my neighbourhood again, after an absence of some time. I've had some interesting conversations, even though the Dubs very shortly start asking "Did you get that off the internet"?, to which I retort: "It doesn't make it automatically untrue, you know!"

Anyway, the thing that is most interesting is that over the years I've had on and off contact with this congregation and some of its members. So much so that, when discussing other Dubs I've met or crossed swords with, if I show enough knowledge of someone who comes up in conversation, I'll start getting the personal opinion that the Dub I'm talking to holds for the other Dub being talked about. IOW, I, a suspected opposer and friend-of-apostates, am being confided in for KH gossip sessions!

All I can say is, it's a funny old world!

Do you have a life other than Jw hate? You really need to lose the hate and live your life in the real world.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings jw

I'm puzzled, why are you here? Go scrape the shit off the bottom of your shoes in a KH where it belongs, not here.

Dismembered

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Do you have a life other than Jw hate? You really need to lose the hate and live your life in the real world. jw

Do you mind clarifying a few points in your comments?

If I understand Stephanus correctly, it is the JW's who approach him with their different Gospel.

What did he say in his post that gives you the impression that he hates JW's?

BTW, my name is Bob Evans and I was in the Walland, TN congregation.

What is your name and congregation?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    If I understand Stephanus correctly, it is the JW's who approach him with their different Gospel.

Actually, last time, I only managed to get to chat to them because I was on my way home and ran into them around the corner from my place, as they were escaping (my wife confirmed that they hadn't been to our door). I was countering their Ecc. "the dead know nothing" quote with 2 Cor. 5. Interesting to see that these so-called "Bible Students" had never read an entire chapter of the Bible!

Anyway, it was true that at the time I posted this, I was a little kinder. But that's what happens when someone like jw dredges up a thread that just celebrated its 2nd Birthday!

What did he say in his post that gives you the impression that he hates JW's?

I get the distinct impression he doesn't like me. I'm always polite to Dubs and try to be kind and chatty with them. Why else would they be dishing the dirt if they didn't feel some sort of connection with me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit