Was the "Beware the Voice of Strangers" talk given at all the conventions?

by somebodylovesme 19 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

quote from the article..

So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, " Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!" Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels.

so if paul had been a jehovah's witness he'd be in trouble for listening to the angel and would still be saul?

• Celtic
    Celtic

Aye

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Somebodylovesme:

Thank you for posting this. It just brought back all the reasons I am SO glad to have broken free from that religion. I cannot believe the nerve they have to label victims and circulating "apostate lies." And their leverage their unforgiveable behavior toward pedophiles and their victims as "persecution."

Honestly, I wish someone would do a made-for-tv FACTUAL movie about them!!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Just to clarify... the talk was an "outline talk", not a "manuscript talk". That means that all the speakers were provided with an outline (for a talk of that length, it would probably be around one letter-sized page), to which they were required to stick closely. So the scriptures, general line of argument, etc. were the same at all conventions. But if you're quoting from the transcript that's online, you can't assume that the exact same words were used at all conventions.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

good point.

although i thought in the past 3 or 4 years they didnt have outlines but t hey did have manuscripts?

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Blacksheep: Thank you. I am always amazed by their rhetoric, and how effective it is despite the insanity of it! I'm glad you appreciated my post.

Euphemism: That is very helpful to know. Thank you!

SLM

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Candidlynuts... as long as I remember (late 80's), and as recently as the last convention I attended (2003), they had a mix of outlines and manuscripts.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    the "Beware the Voice of Strangers" talk (http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bewarethevoiceofstrangers.htm)

Hey! That's the talk I put up for downloading! Glad to see so many people getting good use out of it!

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

"these very, extremely wicked opposers of Jehovah, and of truth, have succeeded in affecting the spiritual balance of quite a few of our brothers and sisters, who have listened to their poisonous propaganda"

maybe the dubs who watched the (dateline) documentary actually saw something that was a legitimate concern.... maybe THAT is why they were stumbled...

does this sound like the Borg is desperate and struggling to hold on? why else would they see fit to pre-warn their sheep and put a "spin" on the entire story.

F*^K-ing PATHETIC!

sorry, but this makes me wretch. plus, this bottle of cabernet has my fingers flying!

time for puff puff give.... (I need to settle down)

eyedrevil

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Nos - THANK YOU for putting that out there for us!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit