WT to Congregations, Grow or Go

by benext 28 Replies latest jw friends

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

THe perfectly proves my point the watchtower wants to lower the number of to gain control of JWs. This is a double edge sword. It standardizes JWs in big cities, and eliminates proqual halls with elders that make their own rules. THis means that the DO will have the elders on a shorter leash since there are less halls to visit. Great for the flock bad for the shepards. Thats a change.

Also I am thinking this will make off grid halls more appealing if your official hall moves 50 miles away then you have insentive to joing a local off grid one.

If anyone had any infromation of if there is any JW halls that are ran by JWs but unoffical and not in a banned land can you let me know about it. If not I would like to start one.

Also willyloman can you tell me who appoints the elders. Not who rocmends them but who ratifies them. It is suppossed to be an anointed at head quarters but they are free to appoint people to appoint people it says. If you don't wana get involve I understand but you are still an elder in good standing before you left so I am would love your logistical expertise. Plus you won't turn any of us in like I assume a active elder would.

• JH
    JH

They always loved small congregations, because everyone had to chip in. Now if there are larger congregations, one could actually fall asleep, and no one would notice...

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

The Service Desk appoints Elders. It's pretty much a rubber stamp deal if they don't have a record of some kind of problem with you. The GB appoints Circuit Overseers.

• uriah
    uriah

You only have to look at a circuit assembly to see how well you can fade into the wallpaper. No-one from other congs talks to anyone from another cong - unless they know them - , the 'ones' in the cong don't talk to anyone outside their cong clique so you have little huddles. I once tried to break into one of these - just for the fun of it (fun?!) - talk about frost, you'd think I was a lepper asking for money and holding out a pus covered stump than one of the 'loving brotherhood' My old cong is down to about 65 - on a good day - and falling. No new 'New "ones"(tm)'. In fact most of the growth was imports.

• blondie
    blondie

Uriah, good description of the assemblies. We once tried following the advice to talk to the people sitting near us to get to know them. They looked at us lilke we were aliens from outer space and scuttled off to talk to people from their own congregation. After that we did it for amusement, and there was no desire to talk to you. Association my foot, one big brotherhood, just crap!

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    5 positions = PO, SO, SEC, TMSO, WTSC

Don't forget the CBSO!

• shamus
    shamus

Uriah,

How true, LOL! One assembly we had saved some seats and a guy and his wife took our books and moved them! They stole our seats! There was a large group of us and we found this very odd....

• minimus
    minimus

If this is true, my prediction is that they will start rotating elders again.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Also willyloman can you tell me who appoints the elders.

I think pork chop answered that question here, but if you need more info, PM me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit