Elder Explains NGO Issue...Now It Is Clear!

by exjdub 33 Replies latest jw friends

• boa
    boa

I concur catchthis.....seems like the most obvious, logical, and sensible reason to me as well....

boa

• avengers
    avengers

You should have consulted the spirit first, like Rutherford.

"Hand me that whiskey I have to consult the Spirit".

• Quotes
    Quotes

exjdub, good work on thinking on your feet. Remember, these people are victims, and need to be helped to be rescued.

Possible questions if they ever return, as follow up to this conversation:

(1) Do YOU, Bro. Elder, *REALLY* believe that story?

(2) Would YOU, Bro. Elder, accept a similar excuse if the tables were turned and we were talking about some other religion (like, say, Catholic Church working with a Family Planning group, in order to learn about them)?

(3) If that is the case, why did the Watchtower dissaociate their NGO staus after their cover was blown? How will we hear the "Peace & Security" call now? If it will be heard from some other source, why was it necessary to "Hump the Wild Beast" then? What has changed?

(4) Did YOU, Sis. Elder's Wife, hear about he UN thing before I mentioned it? If there is a perfectly reasonalbe explanation, why is it such a big secret?

(5) Could a Brother get a job working for the Catholic Church or the Bush Administration, if he had good motives (like spying to learn some secret information before it is publicly announced)? If you object that this is "different" because it's a person, not the entire organization, I remind you that the scriptures condemn "two sets of scales", in other words, a DOUBLE STANDARD is DETESTABLE TO JEHOVAH. (Put another way, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!).

If after all this the Elder/Elderette are still unmoved, simply say that you are amazed, disgusted and disapointed about this, and even more disgusted that Bro Elder so cavalierly accepts this hypocrisy and fails to exercise his position of authority and oversight to investigate this case of "wrongdoing" and that you have to follow your conscience and "get out of her (Babylon, false religion) my people" just like the scriptures say.

• richard
    richard

What did you expect the elder to say? Something like 'You're right, son. The org sucks' ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit