They just dont get it do they?..

by flower 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    I told my sister once that if her faith couldn't hold up to spending one afternoon every year or so with me when they visit then I would have to say that was her problem not mine!

That's what I always think, that if their faith can't stand up to contact with anyone who believes differently, it must be really, really fragile. The whole belief system is built on NOTHING and that's why it has to be constantly protected and shored up. I think exjw family members are probably the biggest threat, unfortunately for us, because we're the ones who could actually blow it down with a breath if they got near us. They ARE scared, and they put it off on Satanic influences, but I think it's really just that deep down they know they have nothing solid to hang onto. Otherwise why would they have to spend every damn minute of their lives convincing themselves, and why would they have to avoid anyone who might bring a little whiff of doubt?

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

"But I am the one who is OUT so its my fault according to her. "So even though I spent my life miserable and now I am HAPPY for once you would have me throw that away just to make it easier for you all to be comfortable around me?" No comment...change of subject."

words coming to my mind right now.....

GUILT TRIP

MANIPULAION

EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL

CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE / LOVE

EXTORTION

Any group, business, organization, etc that fosters a CULTURE in which these concepts can thrive is evil, regardless of their raison d'etre / mission.

Flower,

I am sorry for your pain. It must be rough. BUT good for you to have made your stand and stuck with it. Despite dubbers proclamations of gloom and doom about the "world" ......

LIFE IS BETTER WHEN NOT LIVING UNDER THE SHADOW OF THE WATCHTOWER.

EyeDrEvil

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

Flower, you are a great mom. I'm so glad that the world's cutest kid got you for a mama. I'm sure you'll be teaching him how to truely love and accept people. Whether or not you're religious, christian, etc, there is a great moral story to take from the scriptures. Having been raised a witness I know you know what I'm talking about.

~A

Side note:

Isn't it a bit ironic though, that the world's cutest kid's mom, and the world's cutest puppy's mom, ended up on the same forum?? Hmmmm. Divine intervention?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit