Got a visit from a "sister" today

by sandy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• sandy
    sandy

Ok, so its been five years since I've been a technically, active JW. An older lady came by to see me today.

She heard about my surgery last week and was in the area so she dropped by to say hello and wish me well.

No JW talk at all till the end of the conversation. She asked me if I've been getting the mags. I lied and said yeah my brother gives them to me. She said "Good. It will keep you busy and they are always comforting."

In my mind I'm thinking "whatever lady" but just agreed.

My mom came in my room after she left and just chatted w/ me a little. She said there was an announcement made at the KH in my behalf.

In a sarcastic and wondering tone I asked her "Why?" She just laughed.

After all this time I wonder why they even bothered.

• onintwo
    onintwo

Maybe new recruiting isn't going so well? And they need bods to fill the seats for the upcoming CO visit?

Onintwo

• shamus
    shamus

Wow.... treat people like you care about them... what a strange and new teaching! You must feel very good; most they could give a damm about, LOL! God help you if you go to the police about your child molestation case....

If they hadn't treated me so bad I may never have gotten help for my underlying condition (depression) to get me out of that mess. Thank god they did treat me that way.

• Soledad
    Soledad

ah, that used to be my favorite way to spend an otherwise boring field service day--to go and visit someone who is either sick, inactive, elderly, or a relative of someone who was either sick or inactive or elderly. I would drop by a bakery or donut shop on the way and spend a great Saturday morning! The best part: I counted my time, double if I left a magazine!!

• gespro
    gespro
    She heard about my surgery last week and was in the area so she dropped by to say hello and wish me well

My mom came in my room after she left and just chatted w/ me a little. She said there was an announcement made at the KH in my behalf.

• myself
    myself

It was probably more for your mother's behalf.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Sounds like they caught the Love Bug again............watch out!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

LOL. Poor you! I hope you don't get anymore visitors!

• shamus
    shamus
    It was probably more for your mother's behalf.

One would have to believe so. It is odd behavior for the witnesses to give a dam about anyone but an active 'witness'.

• gumby
    gumby

For some odd reason......not hearing anything for 5 years.....then hearing something finally.......just does'nt do the trick....does it? In fact....it even smells a little fishy.......but then again, the dubs have always claimed to be fishermen.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit