Circuit Overseer Explains How The Internet Is A Trap!

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mother told me that the CO gave a talk on how a spider spins his web and it can take a very long time for the web to be made but just like that--- before you know it---it can catch its prey and devour it. It's the same with the world wide web, the internet. There are reports, according to the CO, that in New York, a very prominent "ANOINTED" man was disfellowshipped and he has his owm website where he has answered many JWs questions. Most of the JWs believe he's still a "brother" but in reality they don't know that they are his prey and are being taken advantage of by a disfellowshipped person! He said people can pose as anyone and we might think we're dealing with honest, upright persons when in reality, we're dealing with unscrupulous individuals. He concluded by saying that Satan the Devil has used this tool so sucessfully that we must be alert to the dangers of the internet.........Any comments???

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I wonder how many had their curiosity aroused by this and went home to do a search on their 'puters?

Ozzie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Red Round thing with Sunglasses said:

people can pose as anyone and we might think we're dealing with honest, upright persons

Yeah, that's why all the publications out of NY are anonymously written.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Funny thing, it's the Internet that helped so much in releasing me from the trap of the Watchtower. If it were not for the Internet I might still be ensnared by their lies.

Walter

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I wonder how many had their curiosity aroused by this and went home to do a search on their 'puters?

Ozzie

Exactly, the more you tell people NOT to do something, the better the chance they will

• Nina
    Nina

Is your mother's name found at Ga 4:26?

Nina

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I believe the guys name was Simon

Bah! its just a cover to tell people when they find negative info on the web about the dubs. the put a monster out there so they can blame everything on him. a scapegoat if you will. They made a satan of the web, LOL

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Most of the JWs believe he's still a "brother" but in reality they don't know that they are his prey and are being taken advantage of by a disfellowshipped person! He said people can pose as anyone and we might think we're dealing with honest, upright persons when in reality, we're dealing with unscrupulous individuals.

Curious as to how these dub's were supposedly "taken advantage of." Whatever. Sounds like newest scare tactic.

• Special K
    Special K

The Watchtower would definitely consider the internet a threat because there is so much freedom of information at the click of a button

It's freedom of information that they can't as easily control.... so as usual, a way to keep their followers cut off from knowledge they program and instill a great fear of it.

sincerely

Special K

• franklin J
    franklin J

...do you think they said the same thing about the telephone 100 years ago?

...or a free access public Library system?

There is nothing wrong with a free exchange of knowledge and information.

There is, however, something very wrong with an organization that tries to prevent it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit