Answers to elders who ask " Do you consider yourself one of JWs"

by blondie 32 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Or similar questions by the elders? Were you asked something similar and how did you answer?

Why do you ask?

Do you?

Blondie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

One response could be:

"I've always struggled at feeling worthy of being called a Witness of Jehovah, even when I was doing more. I know you'll understand when I say that I can't talk about this as it is too upsetting for me."

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry confusedjw, the important thing to remember it is more important to consider yourself a Christian.

I am just looking for responses that will deflect the elders and not put a current JW in judicial hot water.

(hugs)

Blondie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Thank you Blondie - I was just editing my first post as I realized it sounded like I was making a comment on my current condition and not offering a "you could say".....and we cross posted.

But thanks for th HUG!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

AH, that's similar old pivot point of my last JC.

You see, because I have family in the Borg, I decided not to DA myself and to try and avoid Dfing, as it would have left the situation more open to cultish programmed behaviour on part of my family.

I admitted (after about eight months of not going to meetings) to adultery. Queue the JC. I said I regretted it. They said come back to the meetings. I said I didn't feel ready for that at that point. They said that unless I showed repentence they'd DF me. I pointed out the WT article where it more-or-less states that if you're inactive for over six months you can't really call yourself a JW anymore (as you're not Witnessesing), and that if I wasn't a JW they couldn't really DF me.

I think if the combined IQ of the three men had been over 200 I'd have ended up DF'd anyway. But it wasn't.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Here is one that really helped me (Karo syrup and a little food coloring go a looong way):

Elder: "So, Keith, do you consider yourself one of Jehovah's Witnesses?"

Me: "No, I cannot conscientiously do that until I get something off my chest"

Elder: "What would you like to get it off your chest?"

Me: "My skin." <takes out a knife rigged with a bulb of fake blood, and starts slicing at his chest>

Elder: <vomits>

Would never happen, but would get a great rise out of the elder!

FMZ

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Elder: "What would you like to get it off your chest?"

Me: "My skin." <takes out a knife rigged with a bulb of fake blood, and starts slicing at his chest>

Elder: <vomits>

Dude, you been watching WAY too many splatter films!!!

• FMZ
    FMZ

lmao... funny you should say that... I've been really into splatterfest movies lately... my favorites being the Evil Dead series.

FMZ

• Mulan
    Mulan

One did ask me that about a year and a half ago. I said "Do you think of us as one of Jehovah's witnesses?" He said "yes" and the other elder said "no".

So, I said............"why did it take you so many years to check on us, if you think of us as JW's". To the other one I said "if you don't think of us as JW's, then why are you here?"

We still aren't df'd.

• little witch
    little witch

Mulan,

That was brilliant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit