motorcycle accident!

by truthseeker1 32 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

heyas folks,

just a FYI, I wiped out on my bike yesterday. I broke my hand and cut my hip open on some barbed wire. Im OK now. Got a splint on my hand and a bunch of stitches.

I was riding in some foothills on som twisties and one turn was pretty sharp. I went off the road, and hit a pile of asphault curtosy of Caltrans. I went over the handle bars and through a barbed wire fence. I was wearing a helmet, leather jacket and gloves, boots and pants, so my injuries aren't too bad. i guess my fist hit the ground, cuz i have a boxers fracture.

Its kind of a pain to type with just my left hand. Its a good thing I had lots of practice

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

OMG ((((((((((((Truth)))))))))))))))) Just reading it's apparent it could have been so much worse. I'm so glad you are okay!!

Rest up and I hope you mend quickly ! And I'm glad you had protective gear on!!!

XW

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    Its kind of a pain to type with just my left hand. Its a good thing I had lots of practice

LOL!

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope you mend even more speedily than you drive!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yikes. Glad you where dressed for the ocassion. Hope you heal quickly.

How's the bike?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Knowing you I'm surprised you aren't up to 40 Words Per Minute.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

OUCH! Hope you feel better soon! Hope they gave you some good pain meds! Pill Bottle

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Glad to hear you're all right truthseeker. Motorcycles are so fun but so scary too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/clips/index.shtml

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

LOL @ else. The bike isnt too bad. I rode it home after the fall. I lost both mirrors and both the right turn signals. I also knocked loose the spedometer. its just hanging by wires! Probably less than $300 worth of damage.

Yex xena, it could have been much worse, i'm thankful its not. My sister cracked her knee cap in half a couple of weeks ago, so now we got two invalids at the house! (she is one of my roommates) What wonderful mothersday presents, eh?

BTW, happy mother's day to all the moms!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Ohiocowboy,

Its pretty good. I got some vicodin, a tetnus shot, anti-biotics and motrin. The thing that hurts the most are my muscles. Im just soo stiff. the more I sit, the more I ache when I get up.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    How's the bike?

eh us bikers are all the same aren't we?LOL

Glad to hear you're no worse for the wear, protective gear really matters! You didn't mention if you were wearing a helmet or not, I hope so it's always the noggin that gets slammed hard. BTW if you were wearing a helmet it's toast now once you've crashed it compromises the protective structure of it. Most helmet manufactures have a 1/2 price replacement deal you might want to check that out, but for sure replace your helmet.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain, take care ok!

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit