who was Ed Dunlap

by galaxy7 29 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.watchtowernews.org/dunlap.htm

I found out while reading 4 Presidents that Ed's brother took him in and was DF'd himself.

The WTS knows how to spread the love around.

Blondie

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Ed's brother Marion was a wonderful teacher. He was the PO at my hall in OKC when I was a child, and not only was he very knowledgeable and astute (when Pope John Paul I died suddenly after one month, he was of the opinion that it was an assassination from within. Nowadays, that seems to be a given...), but he also cared about people, especially us kids. At one point, he took it upon himself to groom me into doing more at the hall, ie, Watchtower reading at the age of 13(!), and his parts on the Service meeting were always informative. So after the whole "apostasy" thing, this loving congregation that I belonged to stabbed him in the back, and threw him out. I knew that wasn't right, but since I was only 15, I didn't have much of a say....

If I ever meet him again (if it's not too late, he's probably very old now, if he's still alive) I would thank him for treating someone of my age at the time as more than just some kid.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Probably my all-time favorite jw publication was Commentary On The Letter Of James. After I found out (here) that Dunlap wrote it and found out more about the man and what happened to him, I kind of figured it was no coincidence that I liked that book best.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Rocketman, I had the exact same reaction! It was my all time fave WT publication, and look who wrote it - a future "apostate" - sweet poetic justice or something!!

LOL

• rocketman
    rocketman

Poetic justice indeed!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well Peter Gregerson goes to the BRCI meeting usually... So if you want to meet some of the old timers from the Lie....Turn up at BRCI. In chicago folks...Also on Witnesses of Jehovah you can see Peter explaining why he left the organiztion GREAT VIDEO get it from Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Ed was a great guy. I found out the night before it was read to the Bethel family that he would be announced as disfellowshipped, and I was very nervous at the Bethel table the next morning. People were crying all over the dining room. What a testimony to the old farts that kicked him out!

My take on this:

http://www.freeminds.org/history/whathapp.htm

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• justhuman
    justhuman

I remember once a C.O told me about Ed that he was teaching in Gilead(he was one his teachers), and in the end he ended to be an apostate.

He was warning me regarding apostates how evil they are

• minimus
    minimus

I remember his style and warmth. He was a very interesting speaker/teacher. I used to look forward to his talks at Yankee Stadium. What always struck me was how he was so quickly and unceremoniously dumped by the Watchtower powers. He was a good man who understood too much.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    When Ray Franz was also dumped at Bethel, Ed got him a job, and let him stay on his property. They were long-time friends. Ray was having lunch with Ed one day, and some dumbass bitch dub turned him in.

Have you got your facts straight?

wannaexit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit