New Age Jehovah's Witness Youth

by Obviously Secret 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I'm new to the forums so I just wanted to say hi. Kind of nervous at the moment.

I'm one of the Jehovah's Witness kids that is looking for the WHOLE truth. I go to the meetings and have my own problems with the organization but I do believe in alot of it's beliefs.

Since I got that out the way I wanted to see what other people think about the Newer Jehovah's Witness Teens. I have found two types and two types only. Full dedicated Jehovah's Witness kids and Astray Jehovah's Witness kids that live the double life. I went to a Jehovah's witness teen party a while ago (I live in a kinda hip hop ghetto atmosphere so ya know what kind of parties im talking about) and I couldn't help but just think about what I am seeing. If you don't know I'm one of those double life Jehovah's Witnesses and I just had a hard hit of how many of me there are. At that party everybody was witnesses, even my sister who is one of those fully dedicated ones. We went there with one of my sister's friends and her friend's sister (which I like ALOT). We were just walking around and I was seeing girls with short skirts, short pants, dudes with muscle shirts, guys who were secretly cursing and saying, "My bad" like it is all ok, seeing people flirting with other people so many phone numbers handed out. I was in heaven really I was. My sister's friend's sister is very good looking and she is so much like me. She lives life by the horns and has fun in it, she has her problems but she gets by them. Even my Fully dedicated Sister was dancing with different guys and having fun. There was alcohol there, BYOB, but it was for the older guys (even though i grabbed myself a few beers and drunk a few myself). It was really surprising to see the kids at my kingdom hall and other kids act like worldy kids, like on a mass scale. I mean seriously the only difference from a worldly party from this one was the fact that there wasn't any illegal drugs there, that i could see of course. Music has curse words and were so called "demonic music" in the eyes of most elders and JW finatics. Even 4 elders was there telling people here and there not to dance too close. And the most hilarious thing I saw at that party was a girl dancing all up on an Elder and he was smiling while he had a beer in his hands. I even danced a few songs with my sister's friend's sister, good times.

The reason for me telling you this story was to just to see if alot more youths act like this. Are most of us becoming more wordly? Or is this a new age for Jehovah's Witness youths. I've been going to more and more parties and gatherings and just plain sitting back and talking with other Jehovah's Witnesses youth and i have learned alot.

The doctrine of the Jehovah's Witness exagerates the fact that all False religion will fall... we might be seeing ourselves fall at the moment.

Thanks for listening to my story and I hope I can find some of my best friends I will ever meet in these forums here.

• Joker10
    Joker10

I think you know the answer to this one. Of course not all Witness kids behave this way. You said it was like a party in a Getto community. THat should explain some of it. You should put the finger on all of them. A camera would have been great! Learn next time.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Not all young witnesses go on like this, but a lot do. some of the wildest party's I've ever been to were organised by witnesses.......

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Lol I'll try to remember, but the weird thing is after that I've been to about 5 other ones. Even if it wasn't getto. Just plain gatherings and seen many youths. So I don't know. I am seeing ALOT of people from every kind of community and I am seeing the same thing, and I am seeing plenty of Fully Dedicated witness youths in places. So I'm not labeling all of them just naming ALOT of them in the houston area.

Would have loved to see some kid's that are dedicated JWs and their actions in that party seen. It was tame compared to real parties, I think I was slightly exagerating, but still it was something to think about.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Would have loved to see some kid's that are dedicated JWs and their actions in that party seen. It was tame compared to real parties, I think I was slightly exagerating, but still it was something to think about.

All of the people at the parties I went to were dedicated, otherwise they were viewed as bad association and not invited to the party........... And some of the UK ones definitely couldn't be described as tame.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

When I say dedicated I mean publically dedicated and secretly dedicated (I've seen the sacrafice they go through to stay in the lines of bible teachings, even in their secret lives.). I usually have two categories. Your either: publically dedicated and secretly dedicated, publically dedicated and secretly NOT dedicated, or just plain publically not dedicated since the secretly will kind of fall into place, or really trying to get reinstated or whate not. So of course everybody was dedicated there. That's what we say to hang around other Jehovah's witnesses.

It's kind of sad really that my parents and other older gaurdians or influences tend to let me associate with publically dedicated ones rather than non publically dedicated ones yet they really love god and just made some mistakes. I can understand that I guess... so many problems in the organization makes me cry sometimes. Anyways I meant the secretly dedicated JW youths that really do feel that they must follow every rule strict to the death, wonder how they would react and just see the look on their faces when their hormones run through their body.

• City Fan
    City Fan

One of the things that made me leave the JWs was the hypocritical double-lives that MOST of the JW youth in my district were living. It really is a religion where the youth do one thing for their parents and do what they want to the rest of the time. Well it was 10 years ago and I don't suppose it's changed much since.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Reading through this forum is having my mind race... Serious emotional drainage every time i look through it. Weird thing is I look out into the world also, ain't the best place either. So what should I do hmm... Alot of times it's better to live in ignorance however the fear that they put me through is overwhelming sometimes. Good thing for those parties or else I knew I would have killed myself by now.

I have a question, I know it's off topic but umm, do the people here view all jehovah's witnesses as mindless fools? That's being kind of like the enemy in some ways. Growing up JW is a major stress... MAJOR!!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Obviously Secret,

Those same parties were going on in 1962 when I was a pup. Dubs have been and still are hypocrites and liars.

They make sure they look like they have at least have SOME sort of normal life (like the rest of the people they condemn), but deny they do this when put in a corner. Dubs just want to blow off steam like regular people, but they can't because their religious masters condemn this. Although, their religious masters routinely blow off the steam that they deny their followers to blow off. To get around this problem, dubs plan parties where alcohol flows freely, and steam can be blown off. Nazi elders (who are major hypocrites themselves) are not invited. "Friendly" (i.e. alcoholic) Elders ARE invited.

They provide legitimacy and discretion to the event.

It was this way in 1962. I would be surprised if it is not this way today.

Farkel

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

However, even people who joined the organization when they were 20 or so they still, I don't know. They become Jehovahnized in a matter of a year. My mother and father, I love them dearly, but I just see it in them. They are terribly confused. I see my disfellowshipped brother, real life brother, living by himself all quiet and leaving the meetings quickly after the prayer. Freakin so much stuff going on at the same time. Why do they have to be like this? They are humans too right? Why do they have to be extremists. I have been this way only for a short time. I'd say about 1 and a half years ago I actually started to question it. I see some of the so called "Faithful" Jehovah's witnesses speaking here and they sound so crazy. I been searchin through this page for a good 3 months but was always afraid to post ( I am a very VERY!!! shy person at times). So many thoughts running through my head. Can't even talk to my mom about it it sucks. Why do we have to be so quiet about those quick times that we blow off steam? Why are there so many rules that I haven't seen in the bible, and I was forced to read the bible a good 6 times. Just sucks, I'm staying up paranoid late 3 in the morning scared that my parents might find out I'm on an "apostate" website and stuff. Why are they so scared to learn something, aren't these the people we are trying to save? Why do we have to shun them so much if we are trying to save them? Shouldn't we know something about them?

It's all crap. ::sigh:: Hate that 6 million faithful witnesses are going through the same thing as me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit