Are Elders who "step down" different?

by Cautious 14 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Don't be TOO sure there Reagan, my dad was PO and City Overseer for 15 years, he was on the Regional Building committee for 12 years, he was assembly overseer, had been program overseer on the past 4 conventions, beofre that he was rooming & food overseer, and served on the HLC until it was disolved in the area. And yet LAST YEAR!!! BOOOM hit him like a bolt of lightening, and he was DF'd in abstentia June 6th 2000. On day he's PO next day he was df'd and we heard about it a few days later when I called a friend.

DONT GIVE UP HOPE ON ANYONE OK!!!!!!!

Ven

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Venice: You're right, look at Ray Franz. Years as a writer, Guv. mbr, and he saw (and followed) the light. I just don't think that Mom & Dad are strong enough.

And, though it pains me to say this, I don't think Dad is smart enough. It takes a strong, intelligent person to start questioning things and ultimately leave the Witlesses behind.

But, maybe I'm not giving him enough credit. After all, I am his daughter!

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Sometimes I think that it's easier for us that were raised as one to leave then someone who chose.

Then others times I think the exact opposite.

Slipnslidemaster: "The truth is more important than the facts."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright

hmmmmm...where have I heard that before?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well thanks for clearing that up slip (quick get the other quote )

Ven

• Cautious
    Cautious

Don't give up Reagan

Your dad is just not used to using his brain properly. Something could happen, one little thing, that makes him start to think for himself. It has happened to a few before, from what I've read in the experiences.

Cheers
    Cautious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit