Thank you for the warning.

by staceyjo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• staceyjo
  • cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome to the forum, stacyjo! Just FYI, most of us here are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, though there are a few who are still going to meetings but are having doubts. You'll find lots of interesting things to read, if you're so inclined.

Hugs,

Nina

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

First of all, Welcome to the forum!

For example: I print the scrips so I can study at work. To her thats lazy and I'm reminded of all the times the brothers say to use your bible.

I can explain that one, you are supposed to use your bible so you can give an indirect witness to all your workmates. The information may be the same, but people can clearly see that you're reading "The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures". You shouldn't be complaining about the extra weight of carrying the bible, just nod and obey what the elders say, even if it's the stupidest thing you've ever heard in your life.

Speaking of obeying the elders, check out http://www.silentlambs.org

• staceyjo
    staceyjo

Oh I do take it with me. There's no doubt that a question might come up so I carry a small soft sover with me.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Hi StaceyJo!

There will always be some Witnesses will want to impose extra rules like these, making little things seem so monumental. My advice - just ignore it, go on about doing things the way you feel comfortable. If it doesn't make them happy, so what? Making them happy isn't what life (or worship) is all about, is it? The more you try to please these picky individuals, the more they ask of you, until it becomes unbearable.

Even though this board is mostly exJWs. There are some here who are still involved, like me, trapped temporarily. Most out here on this board are pretty much non-believers. There are some who do believe, just would like certain things to change. Actually, I don't know of any place on the web where there are Witnesses who want to question things or complain, but are generally ok with status quo. You can learn a lot on this page, and get some great support, too.

• simplesally
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Oh I do take it with me. There's no doubt that a question might come up so I carry a small soft sover with me.

Well, then maybe they're complaining because you printed scriptures onto paper made by a worldly company, rather than using the high quality theocratic paper that brooklyn uses.

Just throwing stabs at what the goof was thinking when you were counselled.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I must say, if that's Stacey's pic, she's pretty brave.

• Special K
    Special K

Welcome to the forum Stacy Jo......

Nice to meet you

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit