Help!!! That stupid worm is hiding in my computer

by Strawberryfieldsforever 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

BTW, can you email me that worm so I can add it to my collection? ;)

• Realist
    Realist

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;DOWNLOADOVER&style=home

the top link brings you to a page that tests your system for which updates it needs.

• yxl1
    yxl1

the joys of microsoft products lol. Now, if you were running an operating system like say....Linux or Solaris-x86, you'd be as safe as houses

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Sounds like the firewall was not properly configured, or it was seriously flawed. Personally I don't recommend software firewalls. Get a little hardware firewall/router and you'll be much better off.

You also need to run Windows Update regularly (once a week or so). I would schedule AntiVirus software to check for updates once a day.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    if you were running an operating system like say....Linux or Solaris-x86, you'd be as safe as houses

This just isn't true. I am a Linux user and it is just as important to keep up with software updates and to use firewalling.

It is true that almost all viruses are targetted at the Windows platform (simply because it has the largest install base--by far), but there's no reason someone couldn't write viruses for Linux or Mac OS X or any other operating system.

With Linux you have to worry about root kits.

• shamus
    shamus

Oh great! yxl1 just mentioned the "U" word. Now the internet geeks are going to be having a flame war here in no time...

• yxl1
    yxl1
    I am a Linux user and it is just as important to keep up with software updates and to use firewalling.

I know, I know. but let me have some fun poking holes in windows ...being a unix bod, its the only fun I have :)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    but let me have some fun poking holes in windows

By all means! We Family Guy characters gotta support each other.

• kls
    kls

Maybe you guys could help me. I have a imac osx and i can't get into the chat or send pms to anyone .Strawberry, hope you don't mind me asking for help on your post.

• yxl1
    yxl1
    We Family Guy characters gotta support each other

ahh sucks. That means a lot coming from the star of probably the best sitcom ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit