How would you have done it?

by Ariell 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariell
    Ariell

Pretend that you're God (Yaweh) for a moment. It doesn't matter if you believe in him or not.

You've created the universe. The angels are in heaven with you. You decide to create man. Now think about what God does in the events that follow. What would you have done differently? Or would you have done anything different at all?

What would you have done the moment you realized Satan had turned against you? How would you test Adam and Eve, or would you have tested them at all? And if you did give them a test, how would you punish them if they disobeyed?

Would you have created only two people to populate the earth or more? Would you give man free will? How would you give them laws to live by, or would they be born with these laws already implanted into their hearts and minds? What would you do if they broke these laws?

• franklin J
    franklin J

...perplexing question...

but I would take a step back and say that somewhere in this damned creation of mine it must be cocktail hour; lets all have a drink and work out the "kinks".....

By the looks of things, that cocktail party must still be in full swing...

• Puternut
    Puternut

Good question:

What would you have done differently?

I would not have stayed in heaven, but lived among mankind.

What would you have done the moment you realized Satan had turned against you?

Zap...poof....gone

How would you test Adam and Eve, or would you have tested them at all?

No tests, no reason for it.

Would you have created only two people to populate the earth or more?

Nope, a whole bunch of nekkid people in the sun.

Would you give man free will?

Some, with a few guidelines.

What would you do if they broke these laws?
    Fair warnings first, repeat offfenders....... zap....poof...gone
  • shotgun
    shotgun

What would you have done the moment you realized Satan had turned against you?

He would have experienced FUBAR

How would you test Adam and Eve, or would you have tested them at all?

NO tests for either, I'm God, why should I need to justify myself to anyone, but I would have made Adam wear clothes.

And if you did give them a test, how would you punish them if they disobeyed?

If they failed the imaginary test the penalty would have been no Sex for a week and Adam would have to rename all the animals again all starting with the letter Z.

Zelephant, Ziraff, Zebra...doh

Would you have created only two people to populate the earth or more?

More, nothing like a little competiiton to get the ball rollin.

Would you give man free will?

Yes for the freewill.

How would you give them laws to live by, or would they be born with these laws already implanted into their hearts and minds?

Just like animals survive with instincts, Man would be born with just enough inherent instincts to understand and help mold the direction he took, something simialr to what you said.

What would you do if they broke these laws?

Zap him with a lightning bolt...no...not sure about the last one, I'll think about it.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I don't think I would have been so vague about things. I would have been very clear: I am giving mankind a chance to rule himself independent of me. At the end of exactly _____ years, I will end it all and you will see that it didn't work. In the meantime, Satan, you're dead, you're gone. Your friends, their dead, too. I am doing this so the obediant angels can see that my rule is right and righteous but no sense having demons set up awful things, trillions of religions and confusing things further. Let man rule himself, I have a time limit and we all know what it is.

• desib77
    desib77

I wouldn't have needed to test Adam and Eve. That is one thing I've never understood. Why a God that is all-knowing and all-powerful would need to test his creation. And, if he created them then I would think he would have made the decision as to whether they would obey him or not.....

Desi

• shotgun
    shotgun

Oh sure desib...you would made them get a haircut or sumpin evil like that!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

If I gave people the choice to follow me or not, I wouldn't punish them for not following me. Its my fault for giving them the choice.

I wouldn't have made a tree of knowledge of good and evil to tempt my creation. I liken it to a steak and a dog. If I have a dog and a steak and I put the steak on the ground and tell the dog to stay, and he gets up and eats the steak anyway, I'd blame myself.

Now if I had to deal with Satan for rebelling, I'd erase him and all memory of him from existance. Its like a cancer, catch it early and remove it and you are better off. How sucessful would a doctor be if he found a tumor in himself, transplanted that tumor to you and let it grow. Then take it out until you get healthy again and then put it back in you to test your health again? Why not just get rid of it in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit