Propaganda from Jehovah

by darkuncle29 5 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

This is just SOOOO rich, I think I need a glass of milk. Or maybe some syrup of Ipecac.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/22/article_02.htm

The sly art of propaganda can
    paralyze thought and prevent clear thinking

No shit huh?

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/22/diagram_01.htm

Is the Work of Jehovah's Witnesses Propagandistic?
    Some opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses have accused them of spreading Zionist propaganda. Others have charged that the ministry of the Witnesses promotes Communism. Still others have claimed that the work of Jehovah's Witnesses promotes the ideals and interests of "American imperialism." And there are those who assert that the Witnesses are anarchists, fomenting disorder with the aim of changing the social, economic, political, or legal order. Obviously, these conflicting accusations cannot all be true.
    The simple fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses are none of the above. The work of the Witnesses is carried out in faithful obedience to Jesus Christ's mandate to his disciples: "You will be witnesses of me . . . to the most distant part of the earth." (Acts 1:8) Their work focuses solely and exclusively on the good news of the heavenly Kingdom—God's instrument for bringing peace to the whole earth.—Matthew 6:10; 24:14.
    Observers of Jehovah's Witnesses have found no evidence that this Christian community has ever been a force disruptive of the good order of any land.
    Is the false argument being used here Red Herring or Straw Man or a mix of both? Not that it matters. I had a funky day and seeing this set me off. I'm now going to go memorize phone numbers from the phone book and count toothpicks.
  • El blanko
    El blanko

It is simply another article blowing the orgs' own trumpet of being super fine and spotless; without blame for the mess that society has got itself into.

Of course the same arguments could be announced by many God fearing groups around the world, yet these ones are seemingly more humble in their approach to their spiritual lives and outward conduct.

Talk about showing off

• rekless
    rekless

THeir motto is: Don't serve your country, don't give to charity, dosmiss the sick widows and children unless these ones have their noses so far up the elders butts then they can be helped. OHHH yea, make sure you get your welfare check so you can pioneer.

• franklin J
    franklin J

think of Jehovahs Witnesses as Renaissance Man...

They do believe that the world is FLAT and that they are THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, and that it all revolves around them. Nothing could be further from reality. And what is really scary is that in this day and age---THEY REALY BELIEVE IT.

In actuality, the JWs are a middle tier christian faith; no different than other fundamental christian religions; and their meddlings are tolerated by a Republican form of government like so many other differing beliefs. Tolerance is a sign of superiority in this world

we all know the TRUTH; they do not.

• Puternut
    Puternut
    Observers of Jehovah's Witnesses have found no evidence that this Christian community has ever been a force disruptive of the good order of any land.

Is that so? Did the thought of the many child abuses cases against them, slip their notice?

Puternut

• SM62
    SM62
    Their work focuses solely and exclusively on the good news of the heavenly Kingdom?God's instrument for bringing peace to the whole earth

But never mind about bringing peace to the members of their congregations now.

They just constantly stir up trouble, practically force one family member to shun another, interfere in marriages, criticise people who are trying their best because it is NEVER good enough, and they form little cliques to deliberately make some members feel unwanted and worthless.

Well - this sort of 'peace' I can well do without!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit