Article on Sexual Abuse Lawsuits in Texas Against JW Congregation (long)

by CA_Lawyer 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello Kimberly.

We haven't spoken to each other for some time by e mail, regarding the molestation of my daughter by a pedophile elder.

I have great respect for you and the other lawyers who are taking these cases. It is something long over due.

Also I need to tell you that the pedophile in my daughters case is now deceased.

Outoftheorg aka p c Andersen

• wednesday
    wednesday

well even though so many of us will not have our molestation or rape cases personally settled by ms norris, (due to time limitations) it will have an effect. to the scum that ruined my life, and others. I hope you are reading this and losing control of your bowels.. Yes the elders will now care that you have a history of sexual crimes brought to the attention of the cong.. Not to the police of course, we wern't allowed. Now they will not want your sorry a** to be an elder . They will be too worried about a possible lawsuit. You are now a liability.

You ruined my life, now I hope they ruin yours.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    In it, the Watchtower defendants again raised the First Amendment as a bar to the litigation, but more to the point, claimed that under Texas law, they owed no duty to protect the plaintiff from the crimes of a fellow congregant.

To me, as someone who spent 35 years as a Witness...the above claim by the Watchtower thru their lawyers is the most disgusting thing I have heard.

" they owed no duty to protect the plaintiff from the crimes of a fellow congregant."

*Sheesh* what a damning statement to make... Do they think no one is listening ?

I was always taught and believed, that these Elders and the Governing Body would do anything to safeguard their precious flock of God that they were 'charged' with protecting. They have our "everlasting life" in their hands, yet hide behind Texas State Laws to protect their own asses.

That one quote could, I believe, stop any sincere, honest JW dead in their tracks...possibly opening the doors to their minds.

Kimberlee, thank you for putting the WTS in this tough situation where they will say stupid stuff like this.

Rabbit

• chasson
    chasson

Watchtower Society: but more to the point, claimed that under Texas law, they owed no duty to protect the plaintiff from the crimes of a fellow congregant.

It is really curious for me, is it not a duty as citizen to help a children in suffer, or to denounce a crime ?

So there is a class of people in America who have legally no obligation to help justice, police and others in distress ?

Really surprising.

Bye

Charles

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Thanks for the update, Kimberlee. We're all with you in spirit in this "long, bloody battle" as your firm endeavors to prove in court (and to the world) that Watchtower "negligently performed the duty it had undertaken to investigate reports of child sexual abuse and discipline offenders."
    Barbara and Joe

• jgnat
    jgnat

My god, out of one corner of their mouth they preach "unity". In the other, "conscience matter." Any one who has spent any time in the society knows that free will is a sham. JW's are compelled to confess all to the elders and accept their discipline. If they don't, they are considered unrepentant.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Thanks to all who btt'd this, and 'you're welcome' to all who said 'thank you'.

The boulder is large, the hill is high, but the rock moves.

kdn

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men." (Matt 7:18 to 20)

Hang in their Kim. You and others like you are doing good.

• DannyHaszard
  • stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Danny- you are ever vigilant ... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit