What would you ask?

by Gadget 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gadget
    Gadget

If you found a db with a section entitled 'Ask a Jehovahs Witness' for people with questions about what jws believe, what question would you ask them?

• robhic
    robhic

I'd like them to back up with some proof (other than the scriptures cited) a few of these stated beliefs as taken from the official WTS website:

• Christ died on a stake, not a cross Gal. 3:13; Acts 5:30

Those scriptures say "tree" specifically but they conveniently don't cite all the verses containing the words "cross" or "crucify."

• Christ was raised from the dead as an immortal spirit person 1 Pet. 3:18; Rom. 6:9; Rev. 1:17, 18

What about the verses where he invites the apostles to touch him and also asks if it is not he (Jesus) in the flesh? Why would a spirit creature eat a meal with his apostles? What does a spirit eat?

• We are now in the 'time of the end' Matt. 24:3-14; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; Luke 17:26-30

Proof please. And something specific, because the WT has printed an admittance that earthquakes haven't really increased.

• Earth will never be destroyed or depopulated Eccl. 1:4; Isa. 45:18; Ps. 78:69

What about all the verses talking about the earth melting, not lasting forever and/or being destroyed and such?

• Only a little flock of 144,000 go to heaven and rule with Christ Luke 12:32; Rev. 14:1, 3; 1 Cor. 15:40-53; Rev. 5:9, 10

What about the great crowd standing before god ... and all the while him being in heaven?

• The 144,000 are born again as spiritual sons of God 1 Pet. 1:23; John 3:3; Rev. 7:3, 4

But why do they have to literally be male, Jewish virgins? (We are being literal, aren't we...?)

• A Christian ought to have no part in interfaith movements 2 Cor. 6:14-17; 11:13-15; Gal. 5:9; Deut. 7:1-5

What defines interfaith? Any other belief and JW? Who gets to define interfaith?

• Taking blood into body through mouth or veins violates God's laws Gen. 9:3, 4; Lev. 17:14; Acts 15:28, 29

Eating is the only action stated. Transfusions aren't mentioned. And what about blood fractions?

• A clergy class and special titles are improper Matt. 23:8-12; 20:25-27; Job 32:21, 22

Cool, what about "Governing Body," District Overseer," "Publisher," "Pioneer" (this ain't no cowboy movie! ), etc.?

Yep, I'd be curious to hear a couple of explanations -- complete with proof -- of those babies!

Robert

• simplesally
    simplesally

They always say they don't have a paid clergy class like the Catholics. Well, tell me how the CO, DO and Bethelites are any different than the Catholic priests and nuns?

All receive a home to live in, the priests and nuns do not usually have their own car to drive, most share. Most of the order of priests must tell the Monseignor or the parish about any donation he receives or gift of money he receives from his family and ASK if he can keep it. (The Jesuits do not take a vow of poverty and can keep their money).

The CO's and DO's expect 'royal' treatment. They expect reimbursement for all their expenses. They're cars, insurances and food are all paid for. Even their vacations are usually donations. Tell me again that they don't have a clergy class.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Always do a regression analysis.Just where did they come from? Video excerpts from History Channel presentation on apocalyptic groups

HOSTED BY DANNYHASZARD.COM

modem (low bandwidth) version

DSl/Cable (high bandwidth) version

I would invite them in to watch this 5 minute video clip,(also on VHS) and then ask them to explain why most reference works call JW's an adventist sect 'mutated' from the William Miller movement of 1870?

I was in for 33 years and 3rd generation my discovery of their origin was the key piece of evidence to convict them as a false cult.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Why do you excommunicate those that raise valid questions in your organization?

Why do these critera, that fit most dangerous sects like the Davidians, the Unification Church and the Boston Movement also fit yours?

Authoritarian: There is almost always a central, charismatic, living human leader or a group of leaders who commands total loyalty and allegiance.

Oppositional: Their beliefs, practices and values are counter to those of the dominant culture.

Exclusivistic: They are the only group that possesses the "truth."

Legalistic: Rules and regulations abound governing spiritual matters and the details of everyday living.

Subjective: They emphasize the experiential, the feelings and the emotions. This is usually accompanied by an anti- intellectualism, either officially sanctioned or an unwritten trend.

Persecution-conscious: The groups feel they are being singled out by mainstream Christians, the press, parents, and the government.

Sanction-oriented: They require conformity in practice and belief, and exercise sanctions against the wayward.

Esoteric: They promote a religion of secrecy and concealment. Truth is taught on two levels, inner truth and outer truth, or that truth is slowly revealed only through them.

• Spooner
    Spooner

The church excomunicates people that teach what is false, and how can

and robhic, you must have forgotten to quote from Matt 27:32, when

• "And as they were coming out, they found a man of Cyrene named Simon, whom they pressed into service to bear His cross," ( Matt. 27:32 ).
  • and

"Therefore the soldiers did these things. But there were standing by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother?s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene," (John 19:25). "

which directly states a cross, and to be honest, a tree was used for a cross, Jesus's arms were spread for a more painful death.

and of course the most ridiculous quote of all "What about the verses where he invites the apostles to touch him and also asks if it is not he (Jesus) in the flesh? Why would a spirit creature eat a meal with his apostles? What does a spirit eat?"

Here ya go......The Holy Spirit is part of God, you might have heard of it, it's called the Trinity. And the Holy Spirit ate to show you guys that he couldn't be just a spirit if he does human things such as think, eat and other things like that....I guess it's hard to find the truth when you don't want to find it.

• five_crew
    five_crew

How do you think a God of love would condone you people tearing families apart?

• Spooner
    Spooner

"How do you think a God of love would condone you people tearing families apart?"

God didn't do that, original sin did that. Original sin is the reason there is so much war, violence and hurting. You can't just blame God on something like that.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What's the difference between their "old light" and other churchs' misguided lies?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Okay, I am here and I believe everything that was stated in this thread. What were you getting at spooner?

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit