Johnny Cash

by Schizm 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• Schizm
    Schizm

Corvin

It was nice of you to post those pictures. I didn't realize that I've been communicating with a celebrity all this time. *LOL*

Feel free to post more pics if you want to. I find them interesting. It's great that you have a boom-chicka-boom dad.

BTW, which of the three in the photo on the left is you?

• Corvin
    Corvin
    BTW, which of the three in the photo on the left is you?

Schizm, neither. From left to right, my father, my grampa, and my uncle. I am solo in the photo on the right. I am not a celebrity, lol, just a local entertainer in San Diego. Everyone keeps telling me I should go to Vegas, but I am really too chicken, and besides, my kids need me right now and I could not focus on them and keep up a faster paced life style.

Corvin

• talesin
    talesin

Johnny Cash rules. I grew up on his music. He was a gifted, yet humble man. His death was a loss to our society. Just read that song, "The Man In Black". It doesn't get much better than that.

Corvin!!!

WOW,, you do Elvis!!?!! I would give my eye teeth to see that. Elvis is the KING. He is still alive .... in each and every one of our hearts! Right on!

talesin

• Schizm
    Schizm

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/file/B9E30BB4-EE28-4FFD-9AAC-769A0EBEF7F8.ashx

Proof that Corvin can play the "A" chord! Were you singing "Don't be Cruel" when that photo was made, Corvin? You rock, man!

• Schizm
    Schizm

I have an update to report with regards to the upcoming Larry King Show that I spoke of earlier. Johnny's daughter, Kathy, said that she has talked to someone co-ordinating the Larry King Show and that they are FILMING them (including herself) on the 26th, but it won't be aired until Monday the 31st.

So mark your calendars if you intend on seeing this.

Schizm

-

• Schizm
    Schizm

SOTHEBY'S TO OFFER PROPERTY FROM THE ESTATE OF
    JOHNNY AND JUNE CARTER CASH
    SEPTEMBER 14-15, 2004

This September, Sotheby's is honored to offer property from The Estate of Johnny and June Carter Cash. The sale, to be held September 14-15 in New York, will be a celebration of the half-century careers of two of the most important figures in country music history. More than 650 lots will be featured, including historic awards, instruments, stage-worn clothing, gold and platinum records, handwritten lyrics, and items from the Cash's personal collection of fine art, furniture and decorations, jewelry and even Johnny Cash's 2002 Ford F-150 black pick-up truck.

The Collection

Handwritten lyrics of important musicians are highly sought after by collectors and the sale features more than 30 lots of such material, including a 1950s notebook of Cash handwritten and dated lyrics including such early Sun Record hits as "Cry, Cry, Cry," "Get Rhythm," and "I Get So Doggone Lonesome" (est. $4/6,000). Other highlights include unpublished lyrics

Over the course of his life, Johnny Cash won 13 Grammy Awards, and seven are featured in the sale with estimates ranging from $5,000 to $10,000. Among them are the 1968 Best Male Vocal award for "Folsom Prison Blues" and the 1997 Best Country Album for "Unchained." Johnny Cash was also honored with many Country Music Association Awards over the years and four are included (est. $3/5,000 each). In 1996, Johnny was awarded with the Kennedy Center Lifetime Achievement Award and offered in the sale is the award, along with a photo and invitations to the ceremony (est. $6/8,000). Also included are numerous Gold and Platinum Records for such albums as "A Boy Named Sue", "Ring of Fire" and "I Walk the Line" (est. $3/4,000 each).

Also included are myriad photographs, concert posters, letters, and personal items such as binoculars, canes, cancelled checks, credit cards, passports, driver's licenses and Johnny Cash's collection of honorary sheriffs' badges.

Johnny and June Carter Cash

With more than 50 million albums sold, Johnny Cash is one of the greatest and most popular performers in country music history. He is also the only person to be named to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Winner of 13 Grammy awards and owner of 14 number #1 hits on the country charts, his career began with his first recordings in 1955 on Sam Phillips' Sun Records and continued to his death last September 12, 2003 at the age of 71,. He enjoyed several renaissances over the years, most notably in the 1980s with the Highwaymen (Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Waylon Jennings) which garnered them two AMA awards and gold records, and most recently in mid-1990s, thanks to Rick Rubin of American Recordings, which led to five more Grammy Awards. Cash appeared on many popular television shows such as the Simpsons, Sesame Street, Columbo, Little House

Following the passing of his beloved wife June Carter Cash on May 15, 2003, Johnny returned to the studio to record "American V" to be released in August of 2004. Writer of hundreds of songs, many about the downtrodden and the disenfranchised, and a traveler of more than 45 years on the road, Cash has transcended country music status and become a worldwide icon to several generations.

June Carter Cash, born in 1929, was brought up in the first family of country music. Her mother Maybelle made history with sister Sarah and brother-in-law AP to make some of the earliest recordings of country music in 1927, including such classics as "Wildwood Flower" and "Will The Circle Be Unbroken." AP, Sarah and Maybelle broke up in the late 1930s and June, with sisters Anita and Helen, continued the tradition with their mother, touring with Maybelle in the 1940s and `50s. June joined Johnny Cash's country touring show in 1960, marrying him in 1968 and continuing to perform with him for the next three decades. In 1967, Johnny and June won their first Grammy for their duo performance of "Jackson" and just three years later scored their second duo award for their recording of "If I Were A Carpenter." The Cashes continued to record and tour around the globe until health reasons forced them to stop in 1997.

Please contact Sotheby's Press Office at (212) 606 7176 for additional information.

A more complete press release will be issued in June.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit